Emma Stone Stage Door

rlb237
#100Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/6/15 at 1:57pm

Haha jemjeb2, if you have told that story before, I'm glad you told it again because I got a good chuckle out of it. Thank you for sharing!

I think, so long as you weren't like the lone older gent I witnessed at a Hedwig stage door during NPH's run, who asked Lena Hall what she used to "stuff her pants" among other inappropriate things, or like the woman at the Cabaret stage door waiting for Ms. Stone who flipped out on fellow fans for having an umbrella up in front of her and went on a profanity-filled rant (before I witnessed her, I thought *I* had a potty mouth), I think you're fine. But I understand your point of view too! Thanks for your stories. :)

VintageSnarker
#101Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/7/15 at 1:17am

" or like the woman at the Cabaret stage door waiting for Ms. Stone who flipped out on fellow fans for having an umbrella up in front of her and went on a profanity-filled rant (before I witnessed her, I thought *I* had a potty mouth), I think you're fine."

rlb, were you there the day I was for the matinee? Was that what she was going on about? The woman who was so proud to be from NJ?

tgig
#102Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/7/15 at 10:31am

Hi all. I know it's been repeated on this thread a few times, but I would just like to inquire. I am seeing Cabaret tomorrow afternoon and would absolutely love the the opportunity to meet Emma after the show. Does she come out to sign after Sunday matinees? They are calling for some rain tomorrow. Thank you!

bfreak
#103Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/7/15 at 11:20am

Yes, Sunday matinees she comes out. The only matinees she doesn't come out of is Wednesday and Saturday because there is another show so she rests in between. Alan will be out too, and they will both be very nice. Enjoy the show!!!

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#104Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/7/15 at 12:00pm

Hi everyone,
I saw the show last night, and Emma Stone, Bill Heck, and Danny Burstein all came out within about 25 minutes and went down the whole line. Alan Cumming seemed a bit under the weather during the show, so I was not surprised that he didn't come out, although he very generously sent out signed Playbills for everyone.

Emma very politely declined photo requests.

The show itself was really fantastic. One of the best shows I've seen this year. Emma Stone, Danny Burstein, and Linda Emond are all great. And even a slightly under the weather Alan Cumming is amazing.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

bfreak
#105Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/7/15 at 12:29pm

OMG that is so funny. Not because Alan was sick, but because when I went Wednesday he sounded like he was a little bit under the weather during the show and that some keys were lowered during Willkommen. He seemed fine the rest of the show and I thought it was just me. Then at the stage door after he signed and talked to me a bit I noticed he had coughed so it must have been coming on for a few days. Sorry you didn't get to meet him though, and I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he doesn't have to miss any performances over it!

Jspy86
#106Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/7/15 at 12:46pm

I am seeing Cabaret tonight and could not be more excited! The stars will certainly shine tonight. Definitely sticking around after the show to. I have enjoyed reading all of your wonderful stage door experiences. I hope Alan is able to go!

bfreak
#107Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/7/15 at 1:10pm

Hopefully, but if he is still as bad I guess as he was last night combined with the fact it's a 2-show day, I wouldn't be too hopeful, just saying. I really hope he comes out for you though and I hope that he is able to perform for you. If he's out on a sold out Saturday night show, a lot of people will be disappointed. He got one of the biggest applauded for his entrance and for his bow that I've ever seen!

Jspy86
#108Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/7/15 at 1:24pm

bfreak, I just checked with the theatre and got some positive news. As far as they know, Alan will be there tonight. Here's to hoping that stays true! Legend!

bfreak
#109Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/7/15 at 1:26pm

Let's hope! He really is something else! ??????

Jspy86
#110Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/8/15 at 11:20am

Hey everyone! Cabaret was AMAZING last night! An instant classic. I'm glad I finally got to see it. After the show, I made it to the stage door and was able to meet both Alan and Emma. They were both very genuine people. Overall, a great night!

bfreak
#111Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/8/15 at 12:41pm

Awesome! So glad you had a great time.

rlb237
#112Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/9/15 at 10:10am

"rlb, were you there the day I was for the matinee? Was that what she was going on about? The woman who was so proud to be from NJ?"

VintageSnarker, yes, that's the one!! She was mad already because there was a group of girls outside the barricades, close to the door. I didn't hear everything, but apparently one of them knew someone who knew someone, so that's why security wasn't asking them to move behind the rails. Then when one opened an umbrella, that's when all hell broke loose for the NJ woman. I wish I had thought to take video of her rant. Would have made a good YouTube clip haha!

Anyway, glad everyone that went this weekend got to meet/see Alan and Emma after the show. Sadly, I wasn't able to make it to the city myself, so I don't know if I'll get a chance to meet Emma before her run is up next weekend. I'm thinking maybe I'll try to write to the stage director for help getting her to sign a Playbill for me...just have to get it out today to have any chance of that!

Jspy86
#113Emma Stone Stage Door
Posted: 2/14/15 at 1:42pm

Last chance for Emma this weekend!