pixeltracker

Lindsay Lohan wants to play Sally Bowles in CABARET- Page 2

Lindsay Lohan wants to play Sally Bowles in CABARET

Visceral_Fella
#25Lindsay Lohan wants to play Sally Bowles in CABARET
Posted: 12/23/14 at 7:30pm

Yes, Amanda Seyfried has horrible stage fright.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#26Lindsay Lohan wants to play Sally Bowles in CABARET
Posted: 12/24/14 at 12:54am

Paris Hilton would be the equivalent of throwing a Kardashian on that stage. At least Lohan is an accomplished actress.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#27Lindsay Lohan wants to play Sally Bowles in CABARET
Posted: 12/24/14 at 1:21am

^^^ I agree. To compare her to Paris Hilton is pretty ridiculous. Lohan used to have talent. She's incredibly unprofessional and has made a mess of her face with the fillers, but once upon a time she had a magnetic screen presence that can't be taught.
I honestly don't know if she has it in her anymore though, especially because I'm not sure she knows how to be relaxed and comfortable as an actress. Then again, the stage Sally Bowles is deeply uncomfortable in her own skin, isn't supposed to be a great singer, and is completely affected. It'd be great if Marshall and Mendes came over to guide her through the performance too.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

mordav
#28Lindsay Lohan wants to play Sally Bowles in CABARET
Posted: 12/24/14 at 6:28am

I will be in New York for holiday at the end of March and really want to see Cabaret. I was wondering if there is any news on whether Emma Stone will extend beyond her scheduled last show at the start of Feb. Also really curious, if they were to get someone new for the last couple of months, when would they start rehearsing?. For example, when did Emma start rehearsing before she took over from Michelle Williams?Thanks in advance for any details.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#29Lindsay Lohan wants to play Sally Bowles in CABARET
Posted: 12/24/14 at 9:39am

I wasn't actually comparing Lindsay to Paris. I do not think they are equal in any way talentwise. I was simply saying that it would be interesting. Sometimes you can find the most odd casting to the be the best.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

BroomstickBoy Profile Photo
BroomstickBoy
#30Lindsay Lohan wants to play Sally Bowles in CABARET
Posted: 12/25/14 at 4:38am

Yeah, right, give Lindsay a legitimate reason to smoke, drink, and do cocaine, and get paid for it.

Joking aside, I think she'd make a really good Sally.

I don't WANT to live in what they call "a certain way." In the first place I'd be no good at it and besides that I don't want to be identified with any one class of people. I want to live every whichway, among all kinds---and know them---and understand them---and love them---THAT's what I want! - Philip Barry (Holiday)

binau Profile Photo
binau
#31Lindsay Lohan wants to play Sally Bowles in CABARET
Posted: 12/31/14 at 1:37am

She just contracted a virus that might stop this from happening...

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000