NBC To "Ease On Down The Road"?

Midnight Radio
#175NBC To
Posted: 2/9/15 at 8:39am

Nene Leakes as Evilene please!

troynow
#176NBC To
Posted: 2/9/15 at 10:39am

I LOVE THE IDEA of THE WIZ coming to TV. The movie was an unfortunate ploy/vehicle for Diana Ross really more like a personal passion project for her. So to see it revived will be wonderful.

I believe the TV version should use Quincy Jones' dance arrangements. Since they are not in the Broadway score.

DREAMCAST:

ALVIN AILEY Dance company for the dance sequences.
SCARECROW: BRUNO MARS
TIN MAN: TAYE DIGGS
LION: James Monroe Inglehart
THE WIZ: Andre De Shields
GLINDA: Audra McDonald
EVILENE: Shirley Cesear or Lillias White
ADAPERLE: Stephanie Mills

DOROTHY- This should be an unknown TRUE little girl. The problem with casting a known person, is that you often get adult children. If Dororhty is young, raw and really scared of this new world we don't care about her journey through OZ. Stack the cast around this girl and you will have a hit.

Also choreography is so important! I would get Rob Marshall and Patti Wilcox, Donald Byrd. This movie needs a double team of choreographers. People who can deal with fantasy and history. And black movement.

Kavana Profile Photo
Kavana
#177NBC To
Posted: 2/9/15 at 1:14pm

I SURE did say Azealia Banks as Dorthy was joking but she sings and looks young enough.
Now, foolishness is the person saying Rob Marshell should choreograph GET OUTTA HERE lol
George Faison KILT

Visceral_Fella
#178NBC To
Posted: 2/9/15 at 1:49pm

Laurieann Gibson should choreograph. I'm not sure if they can afford her though.

broadwayboy223
#179NBC To
Posted: 2/9/15 at 1:54pm

I know for a fact that they are pursuing music man first. If casting doesn't come together for music man then they will do the wiz.

Starship
#180NBC To
Posted: 2/9/15 at 1:59pm

Until I see people follow up their "facts" with actual evidence, I'm just going to classify them under opinions. REMINDER: Opinions stated as facts are still opinions.

Visceral_Fella
#181NBC To
Posted: 2/9/15 at 2:33pm

If that's true, then they're not being smart. It would probably be harder to cast The Wiz, so if they can't get a Music Man cast together, then what makes them think they can put together a Wiz cast with the residual time. Whoever their Music Man casting is dependent upon I hope books a TV show or an amazing film role, or something, and can't do it. I do not want to see The Music Man. Yawn.

Updated On: 2/9/15 at 02:33 PM

Bilbo3 Profile Photo
Bilbo3
#182NBC To
Posted: 2/9/15 at 4:30pm

They better have a huge star planned for Music Man, cause it's not the most exciting show in the world. The Wiz is more adventurous and fun.

Countdown til Jordan comes on raging about how much loves me! 3..2..1...

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#183NBC To
Posted: 2/9/15 at 5:00pm

Ugh. I seriously hope it's not THE MUCUS MAN.

broadwayboy223
#184NBC To
Posted: 2/9/15 at 5:32pm

I only want to see Music Man if Kelli O'hara is Marian. That's the only reason i would watch but if that can't help The Wiz is fine.

Videos