pixeltracker

These are the people that make me angry- Page 2

These are the people that make me angry

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#25These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/28/15 at 8:13pm

Do you think they consider themselves trash?

I'm confused, if they were seated behind you, why did they ever walk in front if you? I would have complained long before intermission.

Does sound horrid.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#26These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/28/15 at 8:21pm

They walked in front of us to exit the theater to buy snacks. There is an exit next to the front row that leads out to the concession stand. They do not consider themselves trash. I think they don't know any better. As for complaining, we thought the dirty looks would do it but they never did.

dramamama611
#27These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/28/15 at 8:26pm

Oy, what an awful design .

My trash comment was for sutton

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#28These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/28/15 at 9:15pm

Hm, people who cuss other patrons and ushers out are typically trash. Unless you're brain damaged, it's considered unacceptable to disrespect other patrons, performers, crew, and ushers for a long period of time.

"As for complaining, we thought the dirty looks would do it but they never did"

You cannot expect stupid people to comprehend looks. You need to confront them, which doesn't mean you have to be aggressive or anything. But, you gotta speak up. Looks do nothing, and it's just passive aggressive.

Updated On: 1/28/15 at 09:15 PM

KC91WFU
#29These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/28/15 at 9:32pm

I was in the third row of a performance, and a lady and her teen were sitting behind me. The teen had one of those plastic baby dolls for school (they have a parenting class and have to take this "baby" home and manage it for a weekend). These dolls are programmed to loudly cry and raise hell at random times. It is supposed to deter pregnancy. (???) Anyway, the darned thing went off halfway through the first act, and they actually tried to manage it from their seats. Unbelievable.

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#30These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 6:00am

Sutton,

I agree they should be confronted, but how do you do it without being disruptive to the other audience members? My personal rule that I always follow is I don't talk in the theater as everyone can hear you when you say anything. People pay good money to see a show and they should not be distracted or taken out of the moment.

If they don't comprehend dirty looks, how else can you handle this during the performance?

dramamama611
#31These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 9:23am

I would have stepped out and gotten an usher to take care of it.
Better to miss 2 minutes than be annoyed the entire Act.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#32These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 9:37am

" people who cuss other patrons and ushers out are typically trash. Unless you're brain damaged, it's considered unacceptable to disrespect other patrons, performers, crew, and ushers for a long period of time. "

Incorrect. There are plenty of untrashy people who get angry enough to "cuss out" other people. Sometimes they have legitimate gripes. I have done it myself.

By your own definition, you must be brain damaged since all you seem to do here is disrespect others.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES
Updated On: 1/29/15 at 09:37 AM

Sutton Ross
#33These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 12:26pm

God, are you still posting here? Didn't you go away? Or put me on ignore? Bye!

"If they don't comprehend dirty looks, how else can you handle this during the performance?"

Marway, I get what you are saying, you don't want to disturb other patrons who are being awesome theater goers. What I have done in the past is quietly talk to the other patron. I would never disturb other people. Most people will be receptive, their main goal of that night is not to piss you off, it's to enjoy a show. The only exception would be if they were drunk. I was seated next to a sweatsuit wearing frat boy at Spiderman who had a beer in one hand and sports scores on his phone in the other. I asked him to put his phone away, he told me to go fu*k myself. It took two ushers to remove him about 10 minutes later! Overall though, if you truly feel uncomfortable, take the advice of Dramamama and contact security or an usher. Your experience should have never happened, and the staff should have been on that family immediately.

Updated On: 1/29/15 at 12:26 PM

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#34These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 12:39pm

Marway, that sure was a worst case scenario you endured! thankfully, that doesn't happen very often. I guess I would have spoken to house staff as soon as it started and let them keep an eye on it so that as soon as the right moment came, they would do something about it.

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#35These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 1:52pm

You know, all of you are right! I should have left for a moment to get someone, but I just didn't want to disrupt anyone further.

I did forget to let you know that besides comping me the tickets to another performance, they also banned these people from making any further ticket purchases. The management at this theater is really wonderful because they really do care.

Sutton Ross
#36These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 1:57pm

That's amazing that they were banned! Glad to have helped you out, have a great day!

Marway44 Profile Photo
Marway44
#37These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 4:08pm

It really was amazing Sutton! Let's just hope any of us never encounter anything so horrible again! To me live theater is an escape. You should be totally immersed in what's going on and forget about everything else. When you encounter people like that, they rob you of that escape.

Sutton Ross
#38These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 4:32pm

Absolutely, couldn't agre with you more.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#39These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 4:41pm

Incorrect. There are plenty of untrashy people who get angry enough to "cuss out" other people. Sometimes they have legitimate gripes.

I absolutely agree. But then, we have been accused of representing the "dregs of society". LOL And to me, calling anyone "trash" is a trashy response. It certainly isn't indicative of higher class.

I'm just sort of bewildered that someone got so riled by a conversation they overheard by people and a situation that impacted them in no way. If eavesdropping got the OP so riled, why not mention to the strangers that their show is starting soon and there is no late seating or something to that effect?

I'm not a fan of latecomers, whatever the reason, but I get over it pretty quickly. When it happens in my row or field of vision, it's usually over within seconds (I consider Marway's story to be an exception) and doesn't materially affect my overall enjoyment of the show. I'm interrupted for a few seconds at most. Late seating is a fact of life in every theatre around the world. And late seating for a show I'm not attending or have anything to do with causes me no angst. I have enough in my life that does personally affect me. No need to add to it unnecessarily.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Everlast85 Profile Photo
Everlast85
#40These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 5:02pm

If you are a respectful theater-goer who would never do those things, it's very much indicative of a higher class individual. Trash is a proper adjective for people who ruin shows for everyone else in the room IMO. Of all the words used on here that other people sling at each other, it doesn't even come close to being a trashy response.

I don't understand why the OP made a thread when this was all going on instead of telling them to get their butts to the show!

dramamama611
#41These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 5:45pm

I think a better choice would be for the OP to mind g is own business.

dramamama611
#42These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 5:45pm

I think a better choice would be for the OP to mind g is own business.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#43These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 6:02pm

It's all subjective, of course. When I hear someone referring to anyone as "trash", my personal opinion of them pretty much plummets. I mean, I'm glad they can feel better about themselves and are capable of verbalizing their superiority to others, but there really is nothing "classy" about doing it.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#44These are the people that make me angry
Posted: 1/29/15 at 6:19pm

MATT, LOL! I remember when a certain poster claimed that Rock of Ages only appealed to the dregs of society.

The trash side of me (how I love it) wants to mention their name but I won't.