Barrie Ingham has passed

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#1Barrie Ingham has passed
Posted: 1/24/15 at 10:53am

Broadway/West End/television actor Barrie Ingham has passed away yesterday at 82. Barrie is probably best known to West End audiences as Herbie opposite Angela Lansbury, and to Broadway audiences as Sir Danvers Carew throughout the entire 4 year run of Jekyll & Hyde. He also starred opposite Sarah Brightman as George in Aspects of Love on Broadway.

Great actor, and friendly man. I believe he has been doing some master classes the last few years in Florida.

Gothampc
#2Barrie Ingham has passed
Posted: 1/24/15 at 11:13am

He was also Pellinore in the 80s Broadway revival of Camelot, which was broadcast on HBO back when HBO was trying to draw in the theater crowd.

What a wonderful actor he was.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2Barrie Ingham has passed
Posted: 1/24/15 at 1:15pm

That was him?! I have to go back and watch Camelot again now. He's a stand out on the Jekyll and Hyde DVD for sure.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#3Barrie Ingham has passed
Posted: 1/24/15 at 1:23pm

A very sad piece of news Barrie Ingham has passed

mikey2573
#4Barrie Ingham has passed
Posted: 1/24/15 at 2:53pm

Does anyone have a link to this news? His FB page has a post today advertising an upcoming lecture (this Thursday) that Ingham is doing. Again, the posting was made today as it is dated Jan. 24th. Of course, I am hoping that this news is just a mistake. (The news about his death, not the news about the lecture!)

Updated On: 1/24/15 at 02:53 PM

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#5Barrie Ingham has passed
Posted: 1/24/15 at 3:35pm

A few people have posted on Facebook - The Jekyll & Hyde fan club, Andrea Rivette (who played his daughter Emma in the DVD), etc.

I have not been in any contact with him, just passing along news I had heard.