pixeltracker

Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun- Page 5

Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#100Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 3/31/15 at 11:48pm

The Indiana religious freedom law fracas has forced the GOP candidates further to the right, making them all even less electable by the middle.

POLITICO: Indiana law backs GOP hopefuls into a corner

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#101Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/1/15 at 5:41pm

The far right hates Jeb the same way they hated Mitt. If they nominate him it'll be 2012 all over again. 

FindingNamo
#102Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/1/15 at 5:48pm

And now, according to The Hill, every single likely Republican presidential candidate supports the regressive 20-week abortion ban.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#103Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/1/15 at 6:36pm

Basically, the GOP is creating a party that will only be able to win local elections. There will never be a Republican president again in our lifetimes.

FindingNamo
#104Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/1/15 at 7:19pm

Oh I think things will swing back with Fantod's generation.

I agree with you about all the local Republicans, which means about a billion brushfires all around the country like this Indiana insanity.  And really earnest and well meaning allies giving money to the HRC.  All BECAUSE OF WEDDING CAKES.

It's remarkable how liberationists are left to fight the battles of assimilationists.

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#105Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/13/15 at 6:42pm

Bumping this cause of the verified entrants, still think Jeb is the only guy who can beat Hillary.  Rubio please, Cruz never, Paul would be interesting, the evil from Wisconsin no way.  The only one I'm worrying about is Jeb.  PJ would say it's a lock, don't believe it.  If you want to do something cool get one poor person you know to vote, throughout the country obstacles are being made to prevent poor folks from voting, this is a challenge if you're a Liberal.  I feel sorry for folks who live in states where this is irrelevant and your vote doesn't matter nationally.  Guess I talked myself into registering a 100 where I live.  If you live in a swing state consider the one, please.

Stephanatic

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#106Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/13/15 at 10:15pm

The only one I'm worrying about is Jeb.

Don't worry.

FindingNamo
#107Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/13/15 at 10:57pm

The thing about Jeb is the Republican meme of Hilary being "more of the same" goes triple for a Bush.  TRIPLE!

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#108Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/14/15 at 9:01am

The only potential GOP candidate that concerns me is Scott Walker.  While I don't think he or his record will hold up to national scrutiny, he's been able to implement a lot of regressive policies in a state that Obama carried twice.  If he could hold on to all of Romney's states, plus swing some "rust belt" states, the electoral college could get close.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#109Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/14/15 at 10:43am

Walker loses to Hillary 52 to 43 according to Public Policy Polling last month.

His approval ratings have been declining steeply over the last few months and are currently at similar numbers: 43% positive vs. 52% negative.

But the most damning number is 35%: the number of Wisconsin voters who currently want him to run for president. The number who DON'T: 58%

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#110Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/14/15 at 10:47am

That's good to know.  I imagine Christie has similar issues here in NJ.  I couldn't imagine him carrying NJ.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#111Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/14/15 at 10:51am

According to their April 10 results:

REPUBLICANS

19% Bush

16% Walker

11% Cruz

11% Mike Huckabee

11% Marco Rubio 

9% Ben Carson  

7% Chris Christie

6% Rand Paul

2% Rick Perry

DEMOCRATS

53% Hillary Clinton

13% Joe Biden

11% Elizabeth Warren

5% for Martin O'Malley

3% for Jim Webb

2% for Bernie Sanders

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#112Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/14/15 at 1:33pm

So...when are the "birthers" going to start screaming about Ted Cruz?  Surely they don't want to come off as hypocrites, right?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#113Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/14/15 at 4:04pm

Trump had a few tweets about Cruz a while ago, but nothing lately (that I've seen).

I honestly don't think Cruz' nationality will ever be an issue.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#114Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/14/15 at 4:25pm

I think having a mostly unified Democratic party behind Hillary is a great thing; right now the GOP seems set to repeat the up-and-down primary of 2012 that resulted in the blandest man standing. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

FindingNamo
#115Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/14/15 at 4:37pm

And somehow, SOMEHOW, the blandest man they'll have left standing is a Bush, which is even more of the same old thing than the wife of a former president.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#116Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/14/15 at 5:24pm

The only scary thing would be if the 5 Tea Party-ish candidates (Walker, Cruz, Huckabee, Rubio and Carson) joined forces and threw their weight behind one candidate...that would total 58%.

Thank goddess they all hate each other.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#117Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/14/15 at 6:13pm

Who would they endorse? Bush? Someone else?

Does anyone know if Perry is thinking of announcing his run?

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
South Florida
#119Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 4/21/15 at 11:18am

Who do you folks think is gonna win this thing.  I still say Bush, but Rand Paul might win some states.

Stephanatic

South Florida
#120Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 5/5/15 at 7:32am

Welcome Mike Huckabee, Carly, Ben, let the good times roll.

Stephanatic

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#121Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 5/5/15 at 11:56am

I wonder if folks like Letterman and Stewart are reconsidering recent life decisions based on these entries.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#122Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 5/5/15 at 12:22pm

Oh, Dr. Ben Carson.  The candidate who makes the average American voter feel smarter than a brain surgeon.  

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#123Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 5/7/15 at 7:25am

HuffPo is reporting that Santorum will announce his candidacy in a couple of weeks...it just keeps getting better!

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#124Possible and probable GOP primary could be fun
Posted: 5/7/15 at 10:50am

Right?

Especially that old white dude Obama.

....but the world goes 'round