pixeltracker

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More- Page 5

MADONNA/REBEL HEART and More

FindingNamo
#100MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/2/15 at 10:53pm

What is her demo now? Gay men 35 and up, way way up.

I know 14 years ago on the Drowned World tour the audience was about 40% women and in many cases their male significant others.

By the time I sat through the Confessions tour there percentage or women seemed to be down and the male significant other population was even lower, and the ones who were there looked for the most part that they'd rather have been anywhere else.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#101MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:46am

Man, I LOVED the Confessions Tour. I think it was the most stylish and sophisticated of her big tours. Everything about it felt so on point from the disco ball entrance to the beautiful, but strikingly minimal (by massive arena tour standards) production design; the equestrian and disco themed costumes; the surprisingly understated and, at times, elegant choreography (remember when she didn't have to show you how hard she was working? And when she was a dancer not a gymnast/tumbler/martial artist?); and Stuart Price's gorgeous, shimmering musical arrangements with Madonna working very well within her vocal limits. If we could get one more tour like that, I'd be in heaven.

Updated On: 3/3/15 at 03:46 AM

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#102MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 5:06am

Sorry for the double-post but, gotta say, love this interview with her in Pitchfork. Clearly a fiercely intelligent, sensitive, curious woman. Wish her lyrics reflected that intellect a bit more often, but hey...
Pitchfork Interviews Madge

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#103MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 5:38am

'When you're forced to be hypocritical, it's probably best just to let it go'

The same goes when you are reduced to bitchy side kick role but without a sense of humour or the bite of Namo. I don't try to speak for her, pretend to know what she is thinking. I give my opinion, back it up with facts and see her positives and negatives. Namo is a whole other story, but of course it's me you come after (again) as per usual, Namo can say the most stupid things as he has done in here but nope, it's still me. Get ur head out of his ass.

Horse tears.
Thanks for posting the interview, and I agree Confessions is one of her best tours.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#104MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 6:30am

s&d - I really need you stay on top of this stuff, please. I'm depending upon you for the latest and greatest on all things M.

So, Madge was on Le Grand Journal this week where she gave an interview (which is difficult to get through if you don't speak French because the French translator's voice drowns out M's English language responses to the questions) and where she performed 'Living for Love' and 'Ghosttown'. So, I will almost always happily eat crow when I'm wrong and while I still think it's a bit too generic and a bit too one-size-fits-any-pop-singer's-midtempo-radio-friendly-single, I will admit that I kinda missed the boat on 'Ghosttown'. I was too dismissive. It really does have some soul to it. And, in even happier news, Madonna sounds GREAT in her very first live performance of the song. Like, really, really good.

She also performs 'Living for Love' and while I really don't care for the arrangement (remix?) they decided to use - think it robs the song of its uplifting gospel/house appeal - Madonna sounds great and she seems so much more at ease and in command than she did on the Grammys. And it's nice to see those crazy Japanese goth-Vogue girls back. In fact, I hope she takes them on tour with her.

(Oh, BTW, are anyone else's whiskers tickled by the sexy silver fox host of Le Grand Journal? He's the same host who danced up a storm with Kylie when she appeared on the show this past summer. Dude looks amazing for 61. That's some sexy Gallic D'.)

But, anyway, credit where it's due...

...kudos, MADGE! Updated On: 3/3/15 at 06:30 AM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#105MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 8:59am

She sounded really really good on Ghosttown, best I've heard her in ages. And I agree she also seemed super confident and in control during the LFL performance. Looking forward to seeing what songs she will do during the Ellen week. Hoping for Devil Pray, Body Shop and Heartbreak City MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

#106MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 1:37pm

I'm highly annoyed at these CRAY CRAY ticket prices and party packages in these pre-sales.

I don't think that nosebleeds at MSG should be $300.
I don't think these floor seats should be 800-900 dollars.

i guess i'll wait for the DVD.

sorry, no one warrants this kind of money

I've caught every tour since Who's That Girl (sometimes more than once)

but the buck stops here.

I'd rather take a vacation somewhere with that kind of money.

Love Madonna- but no. sorry.

I'll watch it on cable, dvd or youtube.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#107MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 1:38pm

WAIT. The floor is $800?!

FindingNamo
#108MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 1:52pm

"sorry, no one warrants this kind of money"

Congrats. We all need to step out of the matrix (no idea if that's an accurate reference as I have never seen the film, but then again, haven't we all?). and just realize that this unsustainable price scheme is designed to take the money from the suckers before they STOP AND THINK.

Also, let's all do our best to remember this when the crowing point is the HIGHEST GROSSING TOUR IN THE HISTORY OF FOREVER!!! And how can we get an accurate assessment of how these "sold out shows at every stop" manage to fill the seats, because they are NOT selling for the prices listed. The house in Worcester Mass was heavily papered for the (mostly awesome) American Life tour's second night and yet STILL the matrix dwellers were crowing how every show was a sell out. Well, every seat may have been occupied, but selling didn't always have something to do with it.

The last time I saw the Stones in an arena I paid as much as I will ever be willing to go (still cheaper than Hamilton will probably be on Broadway) and noticed a line on the night of the show for fan club members $85 ticket will-call. So that's how the Stones filled up their unsold seats. I'm interested in seeing how both of Guy Oseary's acts get bodies in the arenas in 2015.

Updated On: 3/3/15 at 01:52 PM

Wildcard
#109MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 2:10pm

Not sure where you're seeing those prices. Ticketmaster has the floor seats at $400 and nosebleed at $50 (including fees).

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#110MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 2:12pm

Yeah those aren't the prices I'm seeing for MSG either.

FindingNamo
#111MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 2:19pm

I love how one of the perks of the higher priced packages is "line-free merchandise shopping" before the show.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#112MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 2:24pm

The same goes when you are reduced to bitchy side kick role but without a sense of humour or the bite of Namo...

...Get ur head out of his ass.

You're the one pairing us together. I was just commenting on what you said. If that's how you state an opinion and back it up with facts, then I can see why you would disagree with my comment and assume I can't speak for myself from my own point of view.

FYI - I started listening to the album and while what I've heard is a bit better than MDNA and Hard Candy, I personally would not consider that to be any major accomplishment. The album really hasn't inspired me to finish it, though. I will eventually. I just haven't heard anything to get excited about.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Jordan Catalano
#113MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 2:54pm

Man, those prices scared me. I love this album so much, I'm going to shell out the cash for this concert for good floor seats.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#114MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:06pm

Regular price for floors are $350 and nosebleeds are ranging between 50-100 (depending on venue). The packages are weird because if you just cut all the crap out (food, drinks, merch, etc) and just sell all the floor at the same price wouldn't you end up making the same.

A friend and I went for a mid-range package in order to get 4th row floor. Yes, it's expensive, but in a way it's an all-inclusive night (free parking, early access to venue, food, open bar, merch and great seats). I won't complain.

Broadway would do itself well to throw in some free drinks or some merch with a $400 orchestra seat. That's truly pathetic. Madonna puts a lot of money on stage (more than Broadway) so I'm ok shelling out the extra for the experience.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Jordan Catalano
#115MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:19pm

So you can buy those packages now?

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#116MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:28pm

Jordan, I am an ICON member so I had access today. If you have a Citibank card, I believe you can purchase this week as well.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Jordan Catalano
#117MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:32pm

Ah. Well, damn.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#118MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:32pm

Why would anyone want to be let in early to a Madonna concert?

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#119MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:34pm

I'm guessing it's the same sort of person who likes to write "FIRST" on YouTube comments. Or, maybe, access to the sound checks?

FindingNamo
#120MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:34pm

To be allowed to spend even more money on souvenirs before the hoi polloi get there later?

Updated On: 3/3/15 at 03:34 PM

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#121MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:36pm

I just thought it was common knowledge that she doesn't usually appear until a good two hours after the time printed on the ticket. That's a long time to spend in a hot auditorium.

Jordan Catalano
#122MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:36pm

I bought a mug at her concert in 2001 for $40. That was the last piece of merch I ever bought at her shows.

FindingNamo
#123MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:37pm

God. I wonder what that would come up to in today's dollars.

Or is she only taking bit coin?

Jordan Catalano
#124MADONNA/REBEL HEART album Track List and More
Posted: 3/3/15 at 3:40pm

I still use that mug, though. Lol

These days, I think you can trade in Botox at some venues.