Spring Spectacular or Bway Show

Broadwaydreaming Profile Photo
Broadwaydreaming
#1Spring Spectacular or Bway Show
Posted: 2/20/15 at 6:33pm

I'm planing a spring break day in march with friends. Some have an interest in seeing the Spring Spectacular, but others think it's going to be a touristy bust. It is a limited run, and might be of some value if it's good. Any opinions or insight on the show? If you were in my shoes, would you lean more towards Broadway or Radio City? Thanks!

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#2Spring Spectacular or Bway Show
Posted: 2/20/15 at 6:35pm

Given that this site is called BROADWAYWorld.com, you're probably going to get a bit of a skewed response. Spring Spectacular or Bway Show I'm not familiar with the Spring Spectacular, what is that?

Broadwaydreaming Profile Photo
Broadwaydreaming
#2Spring Spectacular or Bway Show
Posted: 2/20/15 at 6:40pm

True, true. (I think I'm secretly hoping for a skewed response). The Radio City Spring Spectacular is an ode to the city in the spring. Supposed to have cool effects and dancing by the Rockettes. Really, there's not much about the storyline (if it even has one).

This is the website http://www.newyorkspringspectacular.com/about-the-show.html

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#3Spring Spectacular or Bway Show
Posted: 2/20/15 at 6:43pm

Go see a Broadway show and skip the Spring Spectacular!
You are bound to enjoy and have a better time with all the choices on Broadway than the tourist marketed music review that Spring is all about. It looks chessy and unless you get great seats and their $150 you will feel lost in that huge Radio City music hall as you are so so far away from the stage. Save your $ go Broadway!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#4Spring Spectacular or Bway Show
Posted: 2/20/15 at 6:46pm

It's tough, because if you only have a chance to see ONE show, what if you pick one you don't like? I'm coming out to New York in April and catching 3 or 4 shows -- a good chance I'll hit a few good ones in there:

Living on Love (all star cast that I'm excited to see)
Something Rotten (probably your best bet for not being disappointed)
An American in Paris (best pre-run reviews in Paris, sure to be amazing)

I think my fourth will be the Audience, but I'm not certain yet.

But then there's all the shows already running on Broadway that are longer running hits like Matilda and Book of Mormon. Good luck deciding, but yeah, for me, Broadway all the way.

Updated On: 2/20/15 at 06:46 PM

Jill122
#5Spring Spectacular or Bway Show
Posted: 2/20/15 at 6:57pm

Looks like the Spring Spectacular could very easily be a tourist bust but it might have potential as there are some talented people in both the cast and creative team. There isn't much known about this show because its new so it's hard to tell though. I'm going to wait till it's out and get feedback from others before I decide if I want to go personally but I would say if you only can see one show while your here, definitely go see a Broadway one!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Spring Spectacular or Bway Show
Posted: 2/20/15 at 6:58pm

And there's nothing saying you all have to do the same thing, is there?

I, too, would vote for a b'way show any day of the week. SO much more satisfying. I hate the spectacle of the Radio City Music Hall.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#7Spring Spectacular or Bway Show
Posted: 2/20/15 at 7:01pm

It is basically the Easter Show renamed

I opt for Radio City.

Poster Emeritus

Lord88
#8Spring Spectacular or Bway Show
Posted: 2/20/15 at 8:19pm

I totally agree! Absolutely "Something Rotten"!! (probably your best bet for not being disappointed) Looks Like a hoot, incredible cast, and big Tap production numbers-

Videos