News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadwaydreaming

Broadwaydreaming Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadwaydreaming
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Finding Neverland Stage Door  May 22 2015, 01:59:19 PM

I know a few people that went including myself. Seems like Laura Kelly is pretty consistent. Matthew Morrison as well. Kelsey did not come out when I was there and he didn't come out when any of my other friends were there. You might be able to catch him after an evening performance or a Sunday mat. The stage door was relatively calm. I went during a Wed. mat., so evenings might be a bit more crowded.

Worst Experience Right Now at MATILDA  May 22 2015, 03:31:03 AM

Sorry to hear about the experience. It's a bad time of year for Wed. mats. Coming from someone with experience, it's almost never the fault of the ushers or house management. Schools should be considerate and arrive before the show starts. I've chaperoned groups with 30 kids, and all went well. We arrived early and settled before the show. I really can't blame the teacher, especially if he or she is lacking chaperones. Kids are a lot, and if they are young, they most likely don't care to

Final If/Then Show  Mar 23 2015, 11:05:57 PM
I went to the stage door a few Sundays before the end of the run.

That door was madness. People were practically hitting her in the head with their posters. Even after they said no pictures, people were still begging her.

When I asked Anthony Rapp to sign my playbill, he gave me a look and said... so no picture? "I kindly said no thank you. The performance was wonderful" He smiled as the person next to me was freaking out and begging for a picture.

I really don't u

Final If/Then Show  Mar 22 2015, 11:26:06 PM
I don't get the hate for her not stagedoring... it was her last show. She looked stunning walking out, and really didn't need to fight the mob before her party. I also imagine she was pretty exhausted.

I think the cast really made this show something special. The storyline was different and didn't appeal to everyone, but there's no denying the energy that was always on stage. I will miss this show.

Idina Menzel dyes her hair blonde  Mar 19 2015, 11:04:23 PM
I bet the highlights looked nice... the full blonde is a bit jarring, but I don't think that's the best pic either. I'm dying to see more pics though.
Minskoff Theatre: Bad Seats?  Mar 12 2015, 04:08:25 AM
I've sat middle orchestra and side orchestra. Expensive, but fantastic seats. I think the rear orchestra would be fine too. The Lion King is one of those shows that I didn't mind being too close for. To me, the rear mezz looks really far away. The scenery is beautifully detailed, and I think you'll miss a lot back there.
Show themed Broadway Cares Items  Mar 9 2015, 01:31:08 AM
Hi. Maybe someone can help me out. Is there any way to purchase Broadway Cares products that are specific to the show without seeing the show again? I wanted to get a pin that was sold at Les Mis. I didn't pick one up at the show since I figured everything would be online. Any insight?
Favourite theatre district restaurant?  Mar 7 2015, 01:31:36 AM
Carmines. I love John's Pizza too!
Spongebob might be coming to Broadway  Feb 25 2015, 11:58:29 PM
I'm curious to know the exact target market for this show. Spongebob appeals to the 5-9 year old group. In almost every show Ive seen, kids under six have a really tough time sitting through a 2 and a half hour show. I went to see Spiderman a few years back, and had three young boys behind me that weren't having it. The family left after the first act. I could see this as a smaller off-bway kids show.

Pros: It could actually be cool. I almost wish they would take a more adult spin to t

What is a reasonable price for a ticket  Feb 24 2015, 03:23:32 PM
Ugh those types of "woe is me" posts annoy me.

The theater goers aren't to blame, only those that set the prices. But that's the way the economy works...Is the Lion King expensive? Yep, but people are shelling out the money. Also, you don't need to see a ton of live shows to be cultured. I'm a broke college kid. I save my money and see maybe 3-4 shows a year. Are the seats great?? Nope, but theater is a deep love of mine, and I attend for more than just a cultural experience.

Spring Spectacular or Bway Show  Feb 20 2015, 06:40:23 PM
True, true. (I think I'm secretly hoping for a skewed response). The Radio City Spring Spectacular is an ode to the city in the spring. Supposed to have cool effects and dancing by the Rockettes. Really, there's not much about the storyline (if it even has one).

This is the website http://www.newyorkspringspectacular.com/about-the-show.html

Spring Spectacular or Bway Show  Feb 20 2015, 06:33:08 PM
I'm planing a spring break day in march with friends. Some have an interest in seeing the Spring Spectacular, but others think it's going to be a touristy bust. It is a limited run, and might be of some value if it's good. Any opinions or insight on the show? If you were in my shoes, would you lean more towards Broadway or Radio City? Thanks!
Idina doing national anthem on Super Bowl  Feb 1 2015, 10:28:18 PM
I thought she did a great job! a cappella and live! ...I'm surprised at how many people are hating on it though? I really can't find much wrong with it. It's not perfect, nothing is, but people are really criticizing her.
When is it appropriate to start applauding for a song?  Jan 26 2015, 02:30:40 PM
Clapping with very few bars left in a song never bugged me. (Starting at the beginning of Idina's final "now", is disruptingly early though) It depends on the context too. Always Starting Over is a power ballad. I think the pre-necessary clapping highlights that the song was a really great number and evoked a strong response in the audience. This opposed to other songs, which could be seen as average or not as hard hitting. What I can't stand is hooting and hollering in between songs or before t
Matilda Balcony Seats?  Jan 22 2015, 05:11:14 PM
Depends on your viewing preference and whether you are attending the show for price or significant interest. I went because a friend wanted to go, but she didn't have the money for closer seats. We were in the last row of the balcony. It didn't hinder my ability to view the show. Yes you will miss some things, but not a lot. The sound is ok, but some things may be a struggle to understand. What I hated about the balcony was that if I wanted to see everything better, I had to lean forward durin
If/Then Stage door  Jan 20 2015, 12:05:14 AM
The stage door is a zoo. Is there someone manning the stage door as the actors come out? There was when I went. If so, I would go up to him/her and describe your situation. I can't guarantee success, but it's worth a shot. The stage door hand may bring your daughter more inside the barricade as opposed to having her wait in the crowed.

If not, like pootie2 suggested, maybe have her wait back while you get the items signed and try to chat with her about staying an extra minute. Try to st

Matilda Stagedoor  Jan 19 2015, 11:51:01 PM
I went after a Sunday Matinee, and it was fine. I was in the balcony and made it to the stage door with plenty of time to spare. Most people going have kids, so it takes more time for them to leave the theater. There are A LOT of kids though. They were a bit rowdy (punching each other, crying, knocking into people). Try to avoid the ends of the barricade and get a spot near adults. The cast is wonderful and very kind!
Musicals in Christian Colleges  Jan 14 2015, 01:37:32 AM
Curtains and Drowsy Chaperone are two very fun musicals I have done at Christian Schools. Honk! is a blast to put on as well. Not very well known and kind of young, but I had a great time. Always stick with the classics if you aren't sure.

Funny, my college is the exact opposite. Religious by name, but relatively liberal. I heard we are doing Rent this semester.

Why do conservative people see Broadway  Jan 13 2015, 11:18:48 PM
I think this question was posted on my aladdin vs. Matilda board. I mentioned about a teacher friend of mine taking students and parents to see a show, but had to be careful because some parents are more conservative. I meant that the way some parents reveal things to their children are different than others. Some parents put it all out there for their kids at a young age. Words aren't held back or covered up and children aren't "too young" to know certain things about the way life works. Others
Aladdin vs. Matilda  Jan 13 2015, 11:06:38 PM
Thank you for all the suggestions thus far! I'll pass them along. I saw Matilda and thought it was a great production and had a wonderful lesson behind it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You