pixeltracker

Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!- Page 2

Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!

TorontoBroadwayFan
#25Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!
Posted: 2/26/15 at 11:39pm

Oh and StageDoor3 if you are looking for recommendations, I saw Kinky Boots last year and loved it (though it is touring right now so it might be hitting a theatre near you ... Kinky Boots and Newsies hit Toronto this summer, and right now Blythe Spirit with Anglea Lansbury is on right now).

I also really enjoyed Matilda, and of course the long running Lion King, and Wicked are always fun! Not sure what you've already seen, but from your post, you sound like a superfan like me, so you've probably already seen those. I also loved Pippin which is closed now. And one of my favourites from last year was definitely Beautiful!!! Jessie Mueller is amazing as Carol King!

TorontoBroadwayFan
#26Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!
Posted: 2/26/15 at 11:44pm

oh and last message from me for awhile...after reading up on it, I agree with everyone on Gigi..I think it is going to be fantastic! You can also get a discount on it using the code Play1 and don't forget those audience rewards points! I've gotten either very cheap or free seats to many shows with my points, and I usually get prime Orchestra seating with that!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#27Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!
Posted: 2/26/15 at 11:46pm

I would not miss The Visit as it's only 95 minutes 1 act.
http://thevisitmusical.com/#about-anchor

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

acekatherineplumber2 Profile Photo
acekatherineplumber2
#28Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!
Posted: 2/27/15 at 12:13am

Toronto: Have a fabulous time with Gigi! I hope you loved it just as much as I did!

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#29Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!
Posted: 2/27/15 at 4:38am

Thanks for your recommendations, TorontoBroadwayFan. Yes, it seems like we do have similar tastes. You are lucky because a lot of shows try out in Toronto. I live in LA, and we have a share of tryouts here and there (especially if you include La Jolla Playhouse which just had Hunchback and The Old Globe which had Gentleman's Guide pre-Broadway). I saw Beautiful when it was previewing in San Francisco. I wasn't expecting to like it and ended up enjoying it a lot. I saw KInky Boots, Matilda and Pippin on a trip to New York back in 2013 and loved all of them - especially Pippin which I've seen 3 times (twice on Broadway and once on tour).

I was so thrilled that Hamilton extended into the period of my NY trip. I watched this message board and am a Public member. So I kept up on the buzz about an extension and got a ticket literally the minute the extension was announced.

Updated On: 2/27/15 at 04:38 AM

BWAY Baby2
#30Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!
Posted: 2/27/15 at 7:49am

I am surprised there is not more love for Helen Mirren in The Audience- I saw it in London and it was fabulous- and seeing Dame Helen- wone of my all time faves- on stage was a treat in itself. The show is entertaining, educational- and a DON'T MISS for sure.

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#31Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!
Posted: 2/27/15 at 12:29pm

Thanks BWAY baby 2. Spot on suggestion. You should consider The Audience, TorontoBroadwayFan. But tickets are expensive.

I'd love to see Helen Mirren in The Audience in person. But I saw the high def broadcast, and I've seen her peform in person before. Skylight has great performers in it too and seeing it on Nat Live I thought it was a very moving play with a thoughtful production. But there are so many new shows on Broadway this season it would take over 3 weeks - and lots of $$$$ - to see them. Wish I could do that Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!

Updated On: 2/27/15 at 12:29 PM

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#32Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!
Posted: 2/27/15 at 12:37pm

I'm in the midst of planning my own Broadway trip! Big 10 to 12 show trip in April...help finalizing it!

Just so you know, if you're not sold on Phantom, the off-Broadway show Nevermore at New World Stages has a Thursday matinee at 2.