Message Board Update!

temms Profile Photo
temms
#50Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 7:02pm

Okay, credit where it's due - it looks a billion times better now. Something changed and now the columns are a lot better balanced on the iPhone (the avatars are only about a third of the screen) and the bleeding over into the message field is no longer happening in Safari. 

It looks much better now. Kudos for the quick response. I take back the "Soul Doctor" comment. Now it's more like "Titanic" where it got a lot better in previews after a rough start. 

BrerBear Profile Photo
BrerBear
#51Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 7:38pm

Looks much better on mobile now. Great work!

One more suggestion, if you could bump up the size of the text in the page links "page-btns" by a pixel or two, that would be very helpful. Since this site doesn't jump you to the last place you read in a thread, using the page jump links is essential to follow a conversation and they are quite tiny, especially as touch targets on a phone.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#52Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 7:54pm

The board has now crashed safari on my phone three times.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

LizzieCurry
#53Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 7:54pm

Four times!

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#54Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 9:54pm

No problems on my iPad or pc!

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#55Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/1/15 at 10:59pm

I have an iPhone running ICab web browser with adblock and it looks just fine now. The avatar/message ratio is much better now and the app hasn't crashed yet.

blm2323
#56Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 2:00am

So much better! Thank you!

neonlightsxo
#57Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 9:18am

I'm still having the same issue where I have to scroll down through every state/region/country before I get to the board on my PC. Ug.

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#58Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 9:29am

As you've probably noticed, we made a ton of tweaks throughout the day and night yesterday based on everyone's helpful feedback. We're working on one small issue today, affecting those using versions of Internet Explorer prior to 10. Naturally my personal recommendation (for a multitude of reasons) would be to upgrade or switch your browser --- BUT, we're working on a fix / workaround of one clever sort or another. 

We've also upgraded the PMs this morning as well which will now also be mobile friendly, and contain the new editor. 

More to come! 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#59Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 9:57am

I used to use the"voice to text" feature when using my iPhone but now it's not letting me do that here. Not sure if that's something that can be tweaked or not...

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#60Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 10:10am

Thanks for the new features; I think they'll be great.

One thing, though: on my PC, when I click on a link, rather than opening that link in a new tab or window, it actually takes me away from BWW and to that page.  I can right-click and hit "open in new tab" and it will, but it'd be nice not to have to do the extra step.

LizzieCurry
#61Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 10:38am

Much better now. Thanks, Rob!

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#62Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 11:09am

I used to use the"voice to text" feature when using my iPhone but now it's not letting me do that here. Not sure if that's something that can be tweaked or not...

Jordan, that might not be a BWW thing, because I was having a problem with that on some sites, too.  Is it catching words, but then deleteing it all when you hit the "done" button?  If so, you have to shake it to undo (on IPhone) or press the number button and the undo if you're on an iPad.  For some reason on some sites the talk to text deletes it immediately.  

Pootie2
#63Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 11:14am

Eh. I'm disappointed the clean "mobile" mode disappeared as a desktop browser option (completely now).

For common modern forum features, I hope you guys will add functionality for ignore to work when on the reply page, and actual post quoting abilities so conversations are manageable. :P

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin
Updated On: 4/2/15 at 11:14 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#64Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 3:16pm

I love all the new features, I gotta say I miss auto-correct though.

Also, all the PMs I receive start with a p>

I assume then ones I send look the same way when opened.

....but the world goes 'round
Updated On: 4/2/15 at 03:16 PM

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#65Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:09pm

We've just re-enabled (I think) your Browser's spell check features which should allow auto-correct if you turn that on... and PMs should be working happily now with the same new editor. :)

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#66Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:18pm

Yes, it's back!

Thanks Rob!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#67Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 4:40pm

"Jordan, that might not be a BWW thing, because I was having a problem with that on some sites, too. Is it catching words, but then deleteing it all when you hit the "done" button?"

No, I'm not even able to click on the "speaker" button anymore on my phone when I'm inside a message.

And I also miss the "clean" mobile version. Message Board Update!

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#68Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 5:42pm

Testing - I just dictated this on my iPhone. I'm not sure if it wasn't working before we enabled a few other things, but it definitely is now. 

LizzieCurry
#69Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 6:01pm

When will URLs be automatically clickable again? 

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#70Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 6:26pm

Links should auto-link as you type them and enter a space... https://www.broadwayworld.com www.broadwayworld.com 

Where are you seeing that not working?

LizzieCurry
#71Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/2/15 at 8:09pm

Sorry -- I don't recall which thread it was, but I had the URL on its own line in the post and it wasn't clickable when the thread reloaded. I had to go back and manually link it.

bfreak
#72Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/3/15 at 8:18am

Rob, overall I like the new updates but I don't like that at least on mobile you only see 3 headlines above the message board. I usually only come on here on my phone and it will be really easy to miss an important article that way. Thank you.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#73Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/3/15 at 10:32am

I see spell check mentioned up there, but I'm still having a problem with it.   I'm using Chrome on a PC right now and, while I used to be able to right click a misspelled word to get a replacement, right clicking no longer gives me the option to correct a word.  All I get are a bunch of insert options. 

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#74Message Board Update!
Posted: 4/3/15 at 11:18am

Me too.

It underlines the word in red, but when you right click it gives you the same menu as the "insert" tool rather than suggested words.