"Life After Tomorrow"

matildathemiracle2 Profile Photo
matildathemiracle2
#1"Life After Tomorrow"
Posted: 6/19/15 at 6:54pm

Just came across this documentary on Amazon- is it worth a purchase? I was a big Annie fan when I was younger, but the Amazon reviews are pretty varied...

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#2"Life After Tomorrow"
Posted: 6/19/15 at 7:57pm

I heard it's not very good. I'd watch it, but I don't think I'd pay more than a few bucks. Andrea has been very pubic about how she didn't support the film.

PVDColleen Profile Photo
PVDColleen
#2Life After Tomorrow
Posted: 6/19/15 at 8:22pm

I think it's a great documentary...especially for an Annie fan!

AEA AGMA SM
#3Life After Tomorrow
Posted: 6/19/15 at 10:19pm

It's available on Hulu.

I thought it was actually a pretty well balanced documentary that explored a theme that is common to many, many child performers; the effect of fame on your childhood. You meet girls who slipped right back into their old lives after leaving the show, others who continued to pursue a career, some successfully and some not. There are varying levels of fondness and bitterness from those who participated and is not the overtly negative portrayal that Andrea McArdle keeps claiming it is.

The only inclusion in the documentary I question is the elderly super-fan. He's the only person who was not involved in any of the major productions that I recall appearing in it and it just feels a bit out of left field, especially since he goes out of the way to assure us he's not a pedophile or a homosexual.

There was some controversy around how the director got Sara Jessica Parker to agree to participate, but as I recall that all stemmed from Andrea McArdle. I don't remember Sara Jessica Parker ever corroborating or denying the allegations that Andrea McArdle put forth (about the director lying to others about McArdle being on board with the project). At any rate, the director ultimately did get Sara Jessica Parker to participate, as well as Kristen Vigard (the actress who McArdle replaced out of town at Goodspeed), Allison Smith (who was the final actress to play Annie in the original run), Joanna Pacitti (whose replacement during the pre-Broadway tour of the 20th Anniversary production seemed even more callous than Kristen Vigard's), and a whole host of women who played various orphans in the major productions.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#4Life After Tomorrow
Posted: 6/19/15 at 11:20pm

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=920741

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1038909

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 6/19/15 at 11:20 PM