pixeltracker

Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?- Page 2

Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?

fb1123
#25Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 12:08pm

She getting great reviews for this show.

Be very careful searching the web for any kind of tickets.  There are many traps for the unsuspecting and trustful.  If possible always search for a discount code first, print it,  then buy from the box office whenever you can.  This is an off Broadway show and should never cost that much.  

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#26Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 12:11pm

Yeah, only purchase tickets from Telecharge and Tickemaster, TDF/TKTS, or directly through the theatre companies (some companies have their own sales programs, like Roundabout does). Broadway.com, NewYorkTheater, StubHub, etc. are resellers or brokers- some buy blocks of tickets, which they can then sell at whatever rate they deem fit. Some are like eBay, but for tickets. You won't often be getting a deal, you'll just be getting taken advantage of. No savvy theatregoer uses them, not when there are so many discount codes or programs

available. Join TDF, the Theatre Development Fund. They are generally the best deal, though they won't get the hottest tickets. You also don't pick your seating. But it's not like you'll be sitting behind a pillar; the seats are often very decent.

The fact that someone is selling $221 tickets to Shows for Days- not a hot ticket and in a small theatre in which every seat is good- is insane.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 7/2/15 at 12:11 PM

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#27Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 12:27pm

I'm seeing SHOWS FOR DAYS and La LuPone this weekend on a $34 discount ticket.  That seems about right.

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."
Updated On: 7/2/15 at 12:27 PM

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#28Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 1:34pm

Philly, Hogan gave you very good advice about joining LincTix for affordable tickets that you can buy in advance. However, you must be between the ages of 21 and 35 to use that service and, if I'm remembering correctly, you're not yet 21. I just wanted to let you know before you go to register for a membership. Do keep it in mind for when you are old enough, though, because it is a really great program.

indytallguy
#29Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 2:09pm

""Is GWM a Gay White Man?
Speaking as one, I love Patti LuPone because she's a dynamite talent and that lady has gotten the short end of the stick many times and repeatedly came back and beat the odds. And her voice is ridiculous. I love her. I can't speak for others though.
If I was in New York now I definitely would have seen the show."

Yes, maybe I should have left the white part out. But I was talking to my friend in London and I asked him if he liked Patti LuPone. And he replied, "of course. I'm a gay male." So are all gay males supposed to like her? I'm 45 and wasn't really very familiar with her until I started learning more about theater earlier this year. "

She was one of the 12 Divas Thou Shalt Worship as covered during my first day at Gay Orientation.

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#30Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 2:30pm

are there any tickets that are cheaper? Because that's insane. I would not pay that much for a show. And I am one of Patti's biggest fans! 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#31Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 2:42pm

This entire thread has become about how there are cheaper tickets.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#32Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 2:48pm

Speaking as another GWM who is NOT generally a Patti fan but who liked her a lot in SHOWS FOR DAYS, I'd say save your shekels for a chance to see her in a much better play next season or the season after. My guess is this show won't be around much past when the subscription period ends, after which she'll be free to appear in a show worth spending your hard-earned bucks on, presumably with a good 11-oclock number in it.

Updated On: 7/2/15 at 02:48 PM

neonlightsxo
#33Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 3:23pm

RaiseYouUp, dude. Read the thread before you post.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#34Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 3:40pm

"Philly, Hogan gave you very good advice about joining LincTix for affordable tickets that you can buy in advance. However, you must be between the ages of 21 and 35 to use that service and, if I'm remembering correctly, you're not yet 21. I just wanted to let you know before you go to register for a membership. Do keep it in mind for when you are old enough, though, because it is a really great program."

lol yes I'm well aware of this! I needa show up at the box office for rush since I'm not 21 lol. Why does it start at 21 anyway???

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY
Updated On: 7/2/15 at 03:40 PM

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#35Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 4:13pm

"Speaking as another GWM who is NOT generally a Patti fan but who liked her a lot in SHOWS FOR DAYS, I'd say save your shekels for a chance to see her in a much better play next season or the season after. My guess is this show won't be around much past when the subscription period ends, after which she'll be free to appear in a show worth spending your hard-earned bucks on, presumably with a good 11-oclock number in it."

Since LuPone's concerts for 2015-16 are already being announced, and she has some in September, I doubt this would have been able to extend anyway. Plus, Dada Woof Papa Hot starts previews at the Newhouse in October, so there wasn't THAT much room to extend.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#36Would you pay $221 for Patti Lupone in SHOWS FOR DAYS?
Posted: 7/2/15 at 5:07pm

Pinto, you should be pleased that someone here confused you for a 21 year old! Last I heard, many suspected you were a 12 year old girl. 

Re why the 21 minimum, I suspect it is because Linctix is intended as a way of getting young adults involved socially in the theatre rather than just getting their butts in seats. So in addition to the cheap tickets, once you join, they will try to ensnare you in events with a view to you becoming someone who will not only attend but also give and raise money for them when you get rich. 

Kad, as I said in another message in this thread that perhaps crossed your, stubhub is not a broker and does not deal as a principal in any transaction. It is a marketplace where buyers and sellers can come together, with stubhub providing the anonymity and financial safety as well as guarantees to make the transaction appealing to both sides. It is very wrong to lump them in with the odious brokers. Ticketmaster started and operates its own marketplace, called Ticket Exchange, to compete with Stubhub (which belongs to Ebay and operates in much the same way within the limited realm of tickets).