King and I Question/Advice

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/4/15 at 1:10pm

Does anyone know how much K&I tix are going for on TKTS?   I'd really like to see it this and just decided to jaunt to the city on Saturday but need to be very mindful of budget.  TT has them for about 100.  (I also won't be IN the city until about noon, so time is a slight concern)

I know that O'Hara isn't on for the matinee, but IS suppose to be in for the evening show.(Is that right?)  How is her understudy?    I'm kind of toying with the idea of leaving Sat night open IN CASE I win the Hamilton Lottery (an incredible long shot, I know).  

All thoughts and info are greatly appreciated!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

UnwoundFantasies
#2King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/4/15 at 1:29pm

Betsy is great! I enjoyed seeing her but she really is no Kelli. If it's your one and only shot to see the show I would see it. But if you can I'd wait for Kelli and she'll be on for Saturday nights performance. But the show really is stunning and both Jose Llana and Ruthie Ann Miles are giving amazing performances. If you're a student, you'd have no problem doing student rush. I'm not sure about TKTS discounts but it hasn't been too crowded lately so it's definitely worth a shot.

neonlightsxo
#3King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/4/15 at 1:34pm

I've seen both Betsy and Kelli and I thought Betsy was better.

dramamama611
#4King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/4/15 at 2:16pm

Hmmmm.....just realized I could grab tix to See Misty in On the Town for the matinee and wait for Kelli for the evening show.     That might be the way to go!.  That, of course, would keep me from even trying for tiix for Hamilton....but I did just see that a few weeks ago......

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#5King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/4/15 at 2:31pm

Betsy is wonderful! A bit younger Anna, but she still delivers the warmth and independence of Anna. It doesn't matter who's Anna, the show is excellent either way.

WickedAwesome
#6King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/4/15 at 3:12pm

Saw the show about 3 weeks ago through TKTS. I got 1 ticket and it ended up being $99 before the fees, second row center. It was also only 40% on TKTS so it could probably even be cheaper. Kelli was on and was fantastic. 

gimlet2
#7King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/4/15 at 3:31pm

Last Wed TKTS had the matinee for 40% off and evening 50% ($82.50 including fees)

rsaleh
#8King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/4/15 at 4:27pm

I went last week and used TodayTix and I got really good seats in the lodge it was an isle center and i could see everything really well. And if you decide to use TodayTix then if you could use my code FATIB then that would be amazing and if you buy the tickets before labor day then you can still get the $20 off before it changes to $10.

dramamama611
#9King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/4/15 at 4:54pm

Thanks every one for your thoughts.  Think I'm going to see Kellie, and enter a bunch of online lotteries for the matinee. 

I've already used TT a number if times, so codes are irrelevant. Anyone know how close to.curtain you can still get tix from TT?

TheatricalDramaQueen Profile Photo
TheatricalDramaQueen
#10King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/5/15 at 10:25am

Does anyone know how the rush has been for King and I lately, too? Have there been a lot available and where are the seats located?

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#11King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/5/15 at 10:15pm

It was my understanding that Betsy was not going to understudy for much longer.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#12King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/5/15 at 10:44pm

SmoothLover said: "It was my understanding that Betsy was not going to understudy for much longer."

I assume that wasn't supposed to sound as nefarious as it did in my head.

I just saw Betsy go on for Kelli on Thursday and I, too, preferred her in the role.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#13King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/5/15 at 10:56pm

SmoothLover said: "It was my understanding that Betsy was not going to understudy for much longer.

"

Yup, Ashely Park just said on Instagram that this weekend were her last shows

UnwoundFantasies
#14King and I Question/Advice
Posted: 9/6/15 at 2:43am

Betsy is doing a show this fall, pretty sure at the Public but can't think of the name right now. Today was her last show at King and I. There's a new Anna standby who should join the company next week!

Videos