pixeltracker

clinton vs. sanders your vote?- Page 5

clinton vs. sanders your vote?

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#100Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 4:17pm

Liza, who are you for Bernie Sanders or Rand Paul?

Stephanatic

Liza's Headband
#101Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 5:44pm

I appreciate Rand Paul's positions on a limited number of issues and the general theme/rhetoric of taking back D.C. from bureaucratic corruption, inefficiency, etc. But he's much too conservative for me on social issues and is a hypocrite (he takes big money, gets support from super PACs, etc.) 

I do not like Bernie Sander's political stances or ideology, but I love his position on campaign finance reform and open transparency in D.C. He is probably one of a handful of politicians who I would actually trust to take on lobbyists and Wall Street. It is clear to me that he truly cares. His heart is in the right place. 

But, to answer your question, I am not "for" anyone since I do not believe in the two-party system. Maybe if we had a legitimate Centrist or Objectivist or Independent who actually campaigned on issues alone and not on party lines, I'd consider him or her. 

BroadwayFan12
#102Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 5:54pm

I'll vote for Bernie in the primary and Hillary in the general election.

South Florida
#103Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 6:09pm

Bernie is way closer to my views, so like you BroadwayFan12...  PJ you have to acknowledge the left, we're angry.

Stephanatic

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#104Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 8:20pm

Regarding the topic of "throwing my vote away" on a third-party candidate: I live in a state (Maryland) that is unlikely to be even remotely in play next fall. Therefore, I don't see why I shouldn't use my vote to send a tiny, tiny message about my dissatisfaction with the status quo. I'll vote for the candidate who best represents my views, regardless of party affiliation.

I realize the calculus might be different if I lived in Ohio or Florida.

Liza's Headband
#105Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 8:26pm

But it shouldn't, my love.  That is the problem with our current system. 

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#106Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 8:29pm

I agree completely.

South Florida
#107Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 8:29pm

Love connection?

Stephanatic

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#108Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 8:34pm

I doubt it - he or she would keep disappearing on me! :)

Liza's Headband
#109Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 8:34pm

No. A mutual understanding of the corrupt two-party system and how it's extremely lucrative for the lifetime pundits and career politicians. Public service was never intended to be a career. It was intended to be a limited time of service by citizens.

FindingNamo
#110Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 8:43pm

They're all identical. Their Supreme Court nominees?  Completely, 110% straight up literally no lie EXACTLY THE SAME. 

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#111Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 9:18pm

Bernie is on Maddow tonight. 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#112Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 9:20pm

I acknowledge the Left. I AM the left. My leftist credentials go back to before you were born. 

I acknowledge the Left. I just don't acknowledge Liza's Headlice.

Liza's Headband
#113Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 10:19pm

In a perfect world, your leftist credentials mean absolutely nothing. There would be no "left" and no "right." Just the issues and how we all collectively feel about those issues. Screw politics and its BS corruption. 

FindingNamo
#114Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 10:48pm

You know who's exactly the same for real?  Elena Kagan and Antonin Scalia.  Physically they are identical, can not tell any different between the two of them.  They were nominated to the Supreme Court by presidents from "different" "parties" who are EXACTLY THE SAME.  IT'S ALL THE SAME.  IT'S BS!  IN A PERFECT WORLD BLAHBLAHBLAH

Liza's Headband
#115Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 11:08pm

I think someone has finally lost their mind. Not surprising since you spend so much damn time in this virtual universe.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#116Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/4/15 at 11:25pm

LMFAO! How much time do YOU spend trolling this virtual universe? LMFAO!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

FindingNamo
#117Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 12:01am

President Barack Obama is on David Letterman right now.  You know if Mitt Romney had won, it would be EXACTLY THE SAME THING.  Just, you know, identical.  Impossible to tell apart.

Liza's Headband
#118Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 9:03am

Yes, I would agree. Until we remove corruption and greed from the Presidency, it will always be the same. Backdoor deals with cronies & lobbyists. 

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#119Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 9:34am

I got into a heated debate about Hillary with a friend this weekend. At the end of the conversation she asked me if there was anything Hillary could do to make me consider voting for her. I had to think about it for a few minutes but the answer is yes.

Hillary Clinton could come out and say she is going to stand with Bernie Sanders and refuse contributions from Super PACs and make her fundraising methods as transparent as possible.

If Bernie Sanders, who has practically no name recognition can raise over 1.5 million and sign up over 175,000 volunteers in a few days Hillary Clinton should have no trouble raising cash through a grass roots campaign. 

Bernie Sanders boasts 175,000 pledged campaign volunteers already

Liza's Headband
#120Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 9:47am

Hillary's lifeblood are the Super PAC's. She wants to reform campaign finances but still get her greasy hands on all the money they provide. She is not fighting for any class or group. She is fighting for her own ego and fortune and fame and power. 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#121Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 10:33am

So you're saying it doesn't matter who the next president appoints to the Supreme Court?

Because Sonia Sotomayor is the same as Clarence Thomas?

Is that what you're saying?

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#122Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 1:11pm

I know you're not asking me, but I believe the current Supreme Court is the best (or least bad) I'm likely to see in my lifetime*. Unfortunately, it's a delicate balance that is just about certain to be destroyed by the next president (or possibly the current one) when justices start retiring.

*Pending June's marriage equality decision.

FindingNamo
#123Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 1:14pm

Who nominated John Roberts, THE most corporatist chief justice in history?  Was it Obama? It doesn't even matter.  Whoever nominated Roberts is EXACTLY the same as Obama.  Absolutely no difference.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#124Clinton vs. Sanders your vote?
Posted: 5/5/15 at 2:24pm

For me, the SCOTUS is always the most important factor in a presidential election.  Keep in mind the ages of the current justices:

Antonin Scalia 3/11/1936
Anthony Kennedy 7/23/1936
Clarence Thomas 6/23/1948
Ruth Bader Ginsburg 3/15/1933
Stephen Breyer 8/15/1938
John G. Roberts 1/27/1955
Samuel A. Alito, Jr .4/1/1950
Sonia Sotomayor 6/25/1954
Elena Kagan 4/28/1960

Three of them will be 80+ when the next POTUS takes office, and another will be 78.  Anyone who says it doesn't matter who is elected just isn't paying attention.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson