pixeltracker

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - anyone watch?- Page 4

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - anyone watch?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#75CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 8/5/16 at 3:05am

Steve C. said: "The Emmy nominations were announced this week and Crazy EG got 4 Nominations! 

- Choreography for the series

- Best Original Music & Lyrics, "Settle For Me" (that's the black & white, Fred & Ginger song)

- Best Original Main Title Theme Music for the series

- Best Single-camera picture editing for a comedy series

I think that fans knew it would be a tough year to get a nomination for Best Actress but there is a lot of publicity now about how Rachel Bloom did definitely deserve at least a nomination. Pete Gardner has also been mentioned for deserving a nod as Rebecca's "Am I Gay/Bi/Straight?Gay/Bi" boss.

Congratulations to Santino Fontana (and Rachel) and all for their hard work. Let's hope as more people catch on, the upcoming 2nd season will gain a wider audience. The new Friday night time slot may help too.smileyheartyes

This is the "Settle For Me" video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjWe8KoWFZE

Yay! Musicals!

This was posted in the other thread when this thread seemed to disappear. CEG Confirmed for Season 2

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#76CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 8/6/16 at 1:39pm

Steve C. said: "Btw, I looked for this thread to continue posting in it. Where did you find it?"

You posted in it and bumped it up just a few hours before I posted.  It was on the front page of the Off-Topic Board.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#77CEG Confirmed for Season 2
Posted: 8/7/16 at 7:06am

Congratulations! Break out the Hats & Horns! Award season continues.

Last night the TCA's (Television Critics Association) were presented. Rachel Bloom and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend were awarded "Outstanding Individual Achievement In Comedy" Award. Anyone that's watched the show will probably agree that the Television Critics got this one right.

Yay! for Rachel and the entire show. Here come the Emmys!

https://twitter.com/CBSTVStudios/status/762124204321878018 

Updated On: 8/7/16 at 07:06 AM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#78"Crazy" Season 2 starts 10/21 Update Today
Posted: 8/15/16 at 3:55pm

Sweetie Pie Santino Fontana showed up last night on BrainDead in a very very funny role as a "mole" or should I say "bug" to the "good guys" on the show. He spent most of the time tied to a pole as they poured booze into him to get him to talk. BrainDead is really a different take on politics but is really very funny in its' satire. (And dreamy Aaron Tveit is killing it on the show!)

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#79"Crazy" Season 2 starts 10/21 Update Today
Posted: 8/18/16 at 2:11pm

It appears that "Crazy Ex-Girlfriend" just hit the UK. (Well, maybe it's just getting a slow start there, kind of like it did here..) Yahoo UK calls CEG the "Crown Jewel" of Modern Television.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/why-crazy-ex-girlfriend-is-the-crown-jewel-of-175543007.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Another great notice. The stars were tweeting how much they appreciated it.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#80Josh Chan is Gay?
Posted: 8/24/16 at 4:05am

Not that it matters, but did I miss the memo that Vincent Rodriguez is gay and has had a husband for a year?  http://www.newnownext.com/vincent-rodriguez-gay/08/2016/

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#81Josh Chan is Gay?
Posted: 8/24/16 at 11:09am

Hey Eric, I knew about VR but I saw he was out. Sometime on their twitter feeds things get mentioned. I did see his pics w/husband and they are a cute couple.

Vince does really have that "Aladdin" sweet prince look, can you imagine? A "gay" person playing a "straight" person? What a world! What a world! Josh Chan is Gay?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#82Josh Chan is Gay?
Posted: 8/29/16 at 5:20pm

Another great review/blog from the website "birthmoviesdeath.com"

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/08/27/crazy-ex-girlfriend-is-a-musical-comedy-about-anxiety-and-depression

People are binge watching and catching up...

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#83Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Posted: 8/31/16 at 1:25pm

I've seen so many people over this summer say "Have you seen this show?" or "I've been binging it."  Hopefully that will translate into better ratings, though the Friday time slot is worrisome.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#84Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Posted: 9/2/16 at 2:00pm

I feel like The CW is aware of it not having the best ratings, but it is one of the few networks who really give their shows a chance (hence the show getting picked up originally, then renewed). Also, it doesn't hurt that it along with Jane the Virgin has given them award cache they never had before. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Plum
#85Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Posted: 9/2/16 at 9:36pm

The Friday death slot is worrisome, but the CW has so few primetime programming hours to arrange it was one of the few places poor CEG could go. But here's the upside of Friday: low expectations! Before cancelling, the CW would have to consider if they could replace CEG with something that gets better ratings at a lower cost, and with a timeslot so hostile, they might just decide that this is the best they can do.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#86Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Posted: 9/5/16 at 12:20pm

CEG continues to get good word of mouth and very nice press coverage. DLC and SF just got a few online kind of webby awards for their supporting actress/actor roles. This is an interesting article from OUT. In it Rachel talks of having mapped out at least 4 seasons of stories and songs. Let's just please watch and hope CW will stay with it.

http://www.out.com/out-exclusives/2016/8/24/how-rachel-blooms-musical-comedy-crazy-ex-girlfriend-became-tv-obsession

New season starts on 10/21! I can't wait.

And also, this from Variety last week...

http://variety.com/2016/artisans/production/cw-crazy-ex-girlfriend-songwriters-1201847098/

One more thing, the Creative Arts Emmys that the show is nominated for are this weekend. They have 4 nominations! Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Updated On: 9/5/16 at 12:20 PM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#87Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/9/16 at 4:32pm

Just in case anyone enjoys the weekend "quiz" shows on NPR, here is a link to "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" that features Rachel Bloom. On the show she plays along with others in a segment called "Not My Job". She is very very funny and they even get into discussing her song, "*u*k Me, Ray Bradbury", and talks about the show of course. The segment is about 10 minutes. You may have to scroll down a tiny bit for the podcast. It is from a few months back; I missed it the first time it was on.

http://www.npr.org/programs/wait-wait-dont-tell-me/477085039/wait-wait-dont-tell-me-for-may-7-2016

(Entertainment Weekly is also doing a poll/vote on people and shows that didn't get Emmy nominations). I think if you just go to their homepage the survey pops up. The Emmys are next weekend.

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#88Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/10/16 at 12:04am

It's back on October 21!  And there's a trailer!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#89Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/11/16 at 11:55am

Awards season has started up again and CEG picked up its first Emmy for Best Single-camera picture-editing for a Comedy Series. For some reason, they are giving out the Creative Arts Emmys over two nights and then it will be edited to be broadcast on FXX.

I think it is the 1st Emmy that CW has won. So far, in addition to several online and webby awards, CEG won a Golden Globe for Rachel Bloom; At the Television Critics Association she won Best Actress in a Comedy Series and Outstanding Comedy Series for the show itself. She's still up for three Emmy Awards. I hope that good of mouth and publicity, will lead people to take notice. Some of my friends tell they found it on Netflix and are binging. (When you watch the episodes one after the next, you really do realize how funny and talented Rachel is especially with the songs).

Yay! Musicals       

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#90Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/11/16 at 10:28pm

Well, so far, the Academy is still rewarding Crazy Ex-Girlfriend with Emmys. Out of their four nominations, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend has won two of them. There is apparently, lots of love being spread around for the new shows this year, Mr. Robot is also getting a few Awards, now they are not "Game Of Thrones" but GOT has already won 9 Awards. The Emmys are going to be shown this coming weekend on Saturday and Sunday.

Yay! Musicals (on TV).  

Updated On: 9/11/16 at 10:28 PM

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#91Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/12/16 at 10:31am

Well, considering the competition, I think CEG will now get noticed a little bit more. The show  won three of the four Emmys it was nominated for. It won for choreography, film editing, and the "Settle For Me" musical dance and dream. It's new season starts on 10/21 and I'm ready for Rachel and the whole cast and composers. It should be lots of fun.

The other thing I'm hoping for is for Audra McDonald to win her Emmy. I saw her twice in "Lady Day At Emerson's...she is truly remarkable. Even though the special was on HBO it came through with the passion and  fire needed for that role. Break A Leg, Audra!  

saw her HBO performance and on stage with "Lady Day... 

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#92Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/15/16 at 10:12pm

Scott Michael Foster has been cast in a recurring role as a new love interest for Rebecca Bunch. I don't know his other TV work because I didn't watch any of these shows; He;s been a regular on Chasing Life, Californication, Halt And Catch Fire, Once Upon A Time.

http://tvline.com/2016/09/15/crazy-ex-girlfriend-scott-michael-foster-season-2-cast-nathaniel/

The Creative Arts Emmys are being shown on FXX on Saturday night at 8:00pm

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#93Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/18/16 at 12:56am

I just finished watching the CA Emmys and it was fun to see the faces of the winners that help in production of the show. Also, Rachel Bloom was wearing a very cute gown/dress with the keys on a piano as an accent in the design. 

After seeing the show win two Emmys, I read that this week, Vulture TV named Crazy Ex-Girlfriend the "Best Show on TV". That's very nice but I'm sure some people would disagree. Here's the rather long and extensive review.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/06/best-show-crazy-ex-girlfriend-c-v-r.html

Yay Musicals!   

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#94Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/19/16 at 9:17pm

The hubbub of the Emmys is starting to settle. Crazy won 2 Emmys and something else was rated.In a published List From FX Network, Kabir Akhtar, an ACE Emmy winning film editor for New Girl, Arrested Development and now Crazy Ex Girlfriend. Out of the 409 "scripted" series this past year, Crazy came in at #11. So, only 10 other "scripted" shows won more Emmys; they would be like Game Of Thrones, OJ, 

https://twitter.com/kabirakhtar/status/777952992813211648  

I think that's a pretty nice compliment when you add in all the other awards and online webbie awards. I can't wait to see the premiere. From publicity stills, everything looks great with the show. 10/21 ! 

Yay! Musicals!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#95Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/22/16 at 6:22am

Here's the official Season 2 promo from Gothamist and these clips look hilarious. The actors are tweeting how great it is to come back with all these awards and media attention. (just the costumes for the musical numbers alone look great). Maybe CW is spending a little more money.

http://gothamist.com/2016/09/20/fall_tv_guide_2016.php

I do feel like a cheerleader sometime but this show deserves it.

Yay Musicals!

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#96Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/22/16 at 4:20pm

This is an interview just published this week by Playboy w/Rachel Bloom. It is a rather frank and almost smutty/funny 20 questions. It's a jizz-filled piece with a lot about what they can and can not get away with on network television.

http://www.playboy.com/articles/20q-rachel-bloom

It also has a small video piece embedded in the article.

Yay Musicals.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#97Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/28/16 at 3:52am

...and in today's Crazy Ex-Girlfriend news, the Casting Society of America has announced their nominations for tv series, web series, motion pictures, NY theatre, regional theatre, everything it seems. The casting directors for CEG were nominated for casting for a Comedy Series Pilot and a Comedy Series First Season.

It's nice the show can add another award nomination to its' list of awards and noms.

Naturally, Mr. Robot is nominated for Drama.

In New York/Broadway theatre Drama casting for:

Blackbird

Long Days Journey Into Night

Noises Off

The Humans

The Father

In NY/Theatre Musical the nominees are:

Fiddler On The Roof

School Of Rock

Waitress

Hamilton

The Color Purple

They all are great choices IMO. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#98Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 9/28/16 at 10:43pm

huh, I hadn't heard they were moving to Friday. That truly is unfortunate. Wasn't it on Thursday night last year?

still, very excited for season 2!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#99Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Update
Posted: 10/5/16 at 3:53pm

Season 2 is almost here. Friday Oct 21st at 9:00pm EST

On a very topical subject, today Cosmopolitan published an essay written by Rachel Bloom on the importance of voting, the reality and seriousness of climate change, and her expression to not support climate change deniers like Donald Trump or any other Senate or Congressional candidate that disbelieves the science of climate change and global warming.

It's a very detailed article (and it's another example, in addition to her talent, of Rachel's voice and passion in her everyday beliefs).

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/a4496117/rachel-bloom-climate-change-election-essay/

So read it, it's not too long, and then VOTE VOTE VOTE!! (But don't forget Season 2 on 10/21!)