MISERY Reviews

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#50MISERY Reviews
Posted: 11/18/15 at 8:46am

He signed for maybe 2 to 3 minutes after the show last night but he mainly signed for the guard rail to the right of the stage door if you are facing it from the street. I was on the other side but he only came over to that side because his security told him there was a man in a wheelchair so he came over and took a picture with him and then signed a few of my sides playbills.

Sunny11
#51MISERY Reviews
Posted: 11/19/15 at 3:23am

I didn't realise that the Broadway community was like middle school. Hold an opinion that differs from the sheep and you get bullied for it. In this case a profession critic gets called inept at their job for liking Bruce Willis? Good grief! 

revlis
#52MISERY Reviews
Posted: 11/23/15 at 2:39pm

Saw the show on Saturday. Great set, music, lighting, etc. Metcalf did a great job with this juicy role. Willis may as well have been a stagehand running lines with Metcalf. He was just a warm body, lending nothing to the lines. Truth is, he was exactly what I expected. In the end, it was entertaining enough for me to leave satisfied. Not great, but some fun at the theater for sure.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#53MISERY Reviews
Posted: 11/23/15 at 4:21pm

You finally get it Sunny.Do not say a harsh word about "the show" lest you be disemboweled and drawn and quartered etc by the angry villagers .

Poster Emeritus

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#54MISERY Reviews
Posted: 11/27/15 at 4:53pm

Saw it today and rather enjoyed it! Metcalf is the reason to see this. She's just astonishing. She's hilarious, menacing, creepy. Everything you'd want. Willis is rather dead. His pain didn't feel real, which hurts the show and the story. I never truly felt bad for him. He seemed to be too in on the camp with a twinkle in his eye, whereas Metcalf committed herself. 

The staging was interesting. I rather liked the set, and i loved the music. The beginning feels a little slow with the short snippets of scenes, and I missed some of the bits from the movie, like how Sheldon discovers that WIlkes has killed people before (doesn't he find newspaper clippings?). But still, I thought it was well done. I wish there was maybe a better way to show how isolated they were, but that's just nitpicky. It's totally worth seeing, at least for the famous "hobbling" scene.