pixeltracker

West Side Story at Signature Theatre- Page 4

West Side Story at Signature Theatre

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#75West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/28/16 at 10:31am

I keep checking back on their site in the blind hope that one or two tickets will open up for a weekend performance. Ain't gon' happen, but I'll die trying in my efforts to see this show again!!!

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#76West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/28/16 at 11:27am

You might try calling...though their number is always busy.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#77West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/28/16 at 1:17pm

Does anyone know if there has been any talk of a transfer to New York City?

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#78West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/28/16 at 7:29pm

No talk that I've heard of. And, unless it's done by a non profit, no one could afford it.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#79West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/29/16 at 12:25am

Why would anyone invest in this? It was just on Broadway. It's been done regionally a ton. And isn't there some big version being planned for the Park Ave Armory? 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#80West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/29/16 at 6:51pm

This production should never, ever touch Broadway (nor would it). But I can think of a million small off-Broadway houses it would continue to soar in.

PS. Final weekend for the show here in DC...if anyone's feeling generous and wants to give me your seats, you know how to reach me West Side Story at Signature Theatre

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#81West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/29/16 at 8:19pm

Has Eric Shaffer had a hit on Braodway yet? 

mfaye9
#82West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/29/16 at 8:56pm

RippedMan said: "Has Eric Shaffer had a hit on Braodway yet? 

"

Schaefer didn't direct this. Matthew Gardiner did.

South Fl Marc
#83West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/31/16 at 11:10pm

I went to the last performance today. This has to be the finest production of"West Side Story" I've ever seen, including the 1980 revival and the horrible recent one. Do you love great theatre, come to DC.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#84West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 1/31/16 at 11:23pm

Wrong thread!

Updated On: 1/31/16 at 11:23 PM

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#85West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 2/1/16 at 8:27pm

I saw this yesterday and just reread the whole thread and agree with everything that has been said. I am still thinking about it--and that, to me, is the test of a show's success. Definitely the best production of WSS I have ever seen, but the other two I have seen weren't great--the Bway revival in the early '80s (yes, I'm old) and the more recent one. At Signature, I was literally afraid one of the dancers was going to run into me--that's how close they were. It really drew you in--much more so than in a traditional Broadway production.  I see Paper Mill is doing WSS this summer--could some of these actors appear in it? Also, I keep thinking that I prefer the script revisions in the movie. "Cool" is better in the second act; "Krupke" is better closer to the beginning. If your friend had just been killed, would you sing, "Gee Officer Krupke"?

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?
Updated On: 2/1/16 at 08:27 PM

South Fl Marc
#86West Side Story at Signature Theatre
Posted: 2/1/16 at 10:02pm

I thought this was the finest musical production I have seen in the last few years, including everything currently on B'way..

It was certainly the best production of "West Side Story" I have gone to (I'm old also and saw the 1980's revival). It was miles better than the last revival which was pretty bad. If you want to see amazing, innovative theatre, go to the DC area or Chicago, not so much NYC any more.