Hamilton Vacation Schedule

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#1Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/7/16 at 4:27pm

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and stuff, and I just bought a ticket to Hamilton after going back and forth on whether I wanted to splurge a bit or not. I ended up treating myself to a partial view orchestra ticket on Wednesday, Jan. 20th, and I'm really excited! 

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the vacation schedule for the actors, specifically Lin? I'm perfectly content with seeing an understudy, but I've been dying to see Lin perform since In the Heights, which I never got the opportunity to see. 

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#2Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/7/16 at 5:10pm

Ah I just posted in another thread with this same question! I have tickets at the end of march and really hoping most of the original cast will be on! :)

slumdogdelaware
#3Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/7/16 at 5:24pm

Yeah I kind of did a impulse buy on the ticket because I just couldn't pass it up, so now I'm sitting here thinking that of course that would be the day I'd miss Lin, or someone else would be out. I'd of course be happy to see Javier, but I just need to see Lin, ya know? I hope both of our shows turn out to be most of the original cast! :)

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#4Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/7/16 at 5:27pm

Well regarding Lin, the Hamilton website lists when Javier is going on for him already announced. Obviously he gets sick and things come up, but the website or his twitter updates are the most reliable. I'm more curious about the rest of the leads...I think I would die if I didn't get to see Renee or Leslie! Here's hoping EVERYONE will be on when we go. :)

slumdogdelaware
#5Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/7/16 at 5:30pm

Yeah, that's true. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for his Twitter in the coming weeks. And as for Leslie, someone in another thread had mentioned he was going on vacation Jan. 12-17, so you should be good for March, barring any other reasons he would be out! 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#6Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/7/16 at 5:32pm

Sweet thanks! Yeah I want to know where people are getting that information about Leslie's vacation! Some secret Hamilton schedule society...or perhaps I need to just keep tabs on everyone's twitter!

LarryD2
#7Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/7/16 at 5:42pm

I believe Philippa Soo is on vacation this current week.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/7/16 at 5:47pm

Well, since no one is " above  the title", it's not likely that it's posted anywhere....so we won't  know until close to the date.

As to seeing MOST of them, you should rest easy....unless a mysterious stomach bug or the like hits the cast, they only grant so many vacations in a given week.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MusicAndPassion Profile Photo
MusicAndPassion
#9Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/7/16 at 6:34pm

According to Twitter, Leslie Odom, Jr. is out for most of next week. I assume it's a vacation.

slumdogdelaware
#10Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/7/16 at 8:38pm

Thanks for the replies guys, I appreciate it!

AngInFL79
#11Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/8/16 at 7:59pm

dramamama611 said: "As to seeing MOST of them, you should rest easy....unless a mysterious stomach bug or the like hits the cast, they only grant so many vacations in a given week."

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/685618768723197952

Eerie, just eerie! That was just posted tonight.

slumdogdelaware
#12Hamilton Vacation Schedule
Posted: 1/8/16 at 10:04pm

I saw that! That is eerie. 

Videos