pixeltracker

SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances - Page 9

SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#200SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
Posted: 8/28/16 at 4:13pm

I saw Will Blum at the matinee yesterday. I returned just to see him, after seeing Alex twice and loving his performance. I saw Blum twice as Elder Cunnigham, and was ecstatic when I found out he was playing Dewey. He is doing incredible work as Dewey. His characterization of the role is an homage to Jack Black without being an imitation, and is so vastly different from Alex's, it was refreshing. His vocals were also through the roof, really top notch. 

Even if you've seen the show with Alex, who is absolutely phenomenal, you must go back and see it with Will. He could so easily have chosen to copy Alex's performance, but instead has found a unique, quirky, fresh look at the role. I really hope he takes over full time when Alex leaves. 

nightnic001 Profile Photo
nightnic001
#201SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
Posted: 8/28/16 at 4:57pm

PThespian said: "The Playbill now list Will as doing the Wed, Sat and Sun matinees. That's why there's no insert or anything on the board. 

"

Yeah I didn't notice that until after the show! 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#202SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
Posted: 8/28/16 at 5:16pm

You know what's odd? I went to the Saturday matinee last weekend and Will was on the board as Dewey and then on Sunday matinee when I dropped my aunt off at the show, I noticed Will wasn't on the board and I later heard through my aunt that someone had been complaining that Alex had been out and wanted to switch their tickets. Is there a reason why for a Saturday matinee he was on the board (despite being listed in the Playbill) and not for a Sunday matinee? 

Also, I couldn't agree more with your post, VotePeron. Will is absolutely fantastic in the role and just kills it with his vocals. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 8/28/16 at 05:16 PM

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#204SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
Posted: 8/29/16 at 2:19am

OT but how is Jenn's attendance? 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#206SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
Posted: 9/8/16 at 12:06pm

I'm watching his periscope right now and apparently, according to some of the comments, Alex is leaving SOR on November 6. They're saying, "I'm going to your last show." Can anyone confirm this/clear this? 

Updated On: 9/8/16 at 12:06 PM

10086sunset
#207SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
Posted: 9/8/16 at 12:09pm

Yes, it has been confirmed...

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#208SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
Posted: 9/8/16 at 12:09pm

Mentioned earlier in this thread:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1090427&page=8#4844128

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#209SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
Posted: 9/8/16 at 12:16pm

Dammit SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances I never have seen the show and I was hoping to see him with it

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#210SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
Posted: 9/8/16 at 4:08pm

^I don't know how much better this will make you feel, but if Will Blum is the one who is taking over for him (which he should be given how great he is), then you will be seeing someone is also fantastic in the role. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 9/8/16 at 04:08 PM

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#211SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
Posted: 9/30/16 at 7:18am

Anyone know if he will be in this sun/mon/Tues?