Torch Song Trilogy revival?

Younger Brother Profile Photo
Younger Brother
#1Torch Song Trilogy revival?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 6:06pm

I remember reading on here that a few years back there was talk of a Torch Song Trilogy revival - does anyone know why it was (presumably) scrapped?  I was recently watching an interview with Andrea Martin and the idea of her as Mrs. Beckoff popped into my head. Anyone else have any casting suggestions? I'd love to see it revived!

Also could anyone who saw the original Broadway production share their thoughts on the experience? 

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#2Torch Song Trilogy revival?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 6:10pm

I always thought Sean Hayes had the potential to be an excellent Arnold and that Linda Lavin would be ideal for Mrs. Beckoff.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

nasty_khakis
#3Torch Song Trilogy revival?
Posted: 6/10/16 at 10:56pm

Well, Lavin has essentially played Mrs Beckoff her entire career. Tovah is already steaming it's not her...

gallerygirl Profile Photo
gallerygirl
#4Torch Song Trilogy revival?
Posted: 6/11/16 at 11:50am

Sean Hayes might be a bit old as Arnold is 25 in the first play. Brandon Uranowitz from AN AMERICAN IN PARIS has played the role with great success and it would be wonderful to see him play it in New York.