Broadway for Orlando

DrMike
gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#2Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/15/16 at 3:32pm

wow that list of performers though

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#3Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/15/16 at 3:32pm

Bravo, indeed!  Although I must admit, when I read the headline, I hoped King and Miranda would be writing something new.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#4Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/15/16 at 3:37pm

That's amazing!  Can't wait to buy it when its released.  Bravo to the theatre community!

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#5Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/15/16 at 7:49pm

fantastic idea....so happy to see the theatre community, once again, stepping forward for a great cause.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

Trish2
#6Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/15/16 at 8:01pm

Wonderful, yes. But how did they get that together so darn fast?

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#7Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/15/16 at 8:13pm

Backstage at the Tonys. 

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

DramaQueen6
#8Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/15/16 at 9:45pm

mc1227 said: "fantastic idea....so happy to see the theatre community, once again, stepping forward for a great cause.  

"

Seconded!

divarobbie2 Profile Photo
divarobbie2
#9Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:05pm

Trish2 said: "Wonderful, yes. But how did they get that together so darn fast?"

It started with James Wesley's idea to do something, anything, for Orlando. He and Seth Rudetsky brought it to Van Dean while we were in the middle of recording You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown on Monday. Could we do this charity single of "What the World Needs Now?" Of course – who can we get to be on it? We all started making calls to people we knew, sending emails. Getting the space, musicians, producer Michael J. Moritz Jr. and Michael Croiter, engineer, everything donated. Blake Rossand Playbill jumped in to help in any way possible – everyone wanted to do something. Now, keep in mind, this is less than week after the Tony Awards, and everyone just wants to wind down and do their show because the last six weeks have been non-stop madness. I designed the quickest artwork ever just so we could make a deadline to announce. Press releases bounced back and forth as more people said "Yes – this is something I need to be a part of!" Friends in Broadway shows came between their two-show day to lay down chorus and solo lines. A mighty chorus of 70 Broadway stars – dozens of Tony Awards between them – gathered and sang "What the world needs NOW is love, sweet love..." Legends like Chita Rivera and Bernadette Peters, newer stars like Carmen Cusack, Renée Elise Goldsberry, pop crossovers like Sara Bareilles and Carole King (who gave Seth a note correction), the current King of Broadway Lin-Manuel Miranda – they all came together to help. This community that I've looked up to all of my life. They sang, they joked, they ate copious amounts of generously donated food... they were all so happy to see each other, and to be a part of this. I am so grateful, and lucky, to be in this industry, where these people come together to make beautiful healing music for a really amazing cause. Today is a day I will never forget. It stands shoulder to shoulder with #‎PlaybillPride as one of the greatest effots I've had the joy and fortune to work on. #‎BroadwayForORLANDO

Updated On: 6/15/16 at 10:05 PM

Jakeevan942
#10Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/15/16 at 10:16pm

Trish2 said: "Wonderful, yes. But how did they get that together so darn fast?

"

Three Words: Seth Rudetsky's iPhone

DrMike
#11Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/16/16 at 1:44pm

Now THAT would make a great show: Seth Rudetsky's IPhone

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#12Broadway for Orlando
Posted: 6/16/16 at 3:48pm

^^^

The only review of a show that matters is your own.