pixeltracker

Is it common to replace entire cast with no notice?- Page 5

Is it common to replace entire cast with no notice?

JBC2
#100I am confused on so many levels
Posted: 6/20/16 at 9:00am

Dan was wonderful, as was Ginna as Glinda. No disappointment there! 

DeeKDee
#101I am confused on so many levels
Posted: 6/20/16 at 9:13am

I was on the She Loves Me web-page last week and saw a notice that Laura Benanti would be out for several dates.  It currently says this:

"Note: Laura Benanti will NOT be in the following performances: Wednesday, June 22 at 8pm; Saturday, July 2 at 2pm; Wednesday, July 6 at 2pm."

I'm pretty sure the 18th was listed last week.  Not everyone is going to check a show's website before attending, of course.  But, if you are attending on any of these dates, you now know.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#102I am confused on so many levels
Posted: 6/20/16 at 11:27am

@ArtMan, I don't think you have been assigned the responsibility of telling the rest of us what to ignore, what to care about or what we should be doing with our time. 

BroadwayMomma
#103I am confused on so many levels
Posted: 6/23/16 at 5:42pm

I just got an email and an robocall telling me that both Laura Benanti and Jane Krakowski won't be in tonight's performance. Given we really wanted to see them and the show is streaming soon, I called the customer service number listed in the email and easily got a refund.  There was no problem at all getting a refund. 

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#104I am confused on so many levels
Posted: 6/23/16 at 6:00pm

HogansHero said: "musicals were plays long before some people stopped calling them that. 

"

Just as plays throughout history were musicals (yes, nearly all of them, though not "musical plays" in the R&H tradition) until about 1870.

Updated On: 6/23/16 at 06:00 PM

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#105I am confused on so many levels
Posted: 6/23/16 at 6:13pm

I can understand the OP's disappointment if s/he is a Krakowski fan (and who isn't?).

I cannot understand just walking off without even asking for a refund. That's one expensive temper tantrum at $157 to $314! Why not at least sit down and see whether you enjoy the understudies?

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#106I am confused on so many levels
Posted: 6/23/16 at 6:55pm

This thread just gave me one hell of a migraine. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#107I am confused on so many levels
Posted: 7/1/16 at 10:30am

We got the robocall and email on Laura and Jane being out on the 23rd as well.  However, since my wife was with me in NY for only a couple of days we decided to go anyway. I was SO please, however, to get the call and email to give me the choice.  

I love understudies, believe me, but having both out really let the air out of certain parts of the show.  Levi, Barasch, Creel, were fantastic.