pixeltracker

Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming- Page 2

Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming

aaaaaa15
#25Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 7:50am

Dave19 said: "I don't think this will work on film. It is way too musical parody-ish.

"

Well there's a surprise.

Dave19
#26Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 8:14am

gypsy101 said: "in what way is it parodying musicals

"

Repeating the name of the leading character 40 times in the opening song. Topped off with an affected look into the audience by saying the name one last time, before the mandatory headflip on the final chord.

All the lame acapella chorus parts in for example "what'd I miss" (very musical parody-ish) and many other fill up material that does not make sense musically.

A leading character strutting around the stage, shouting "just you wait, just you wait" all the time.

Self important lyrics, like, "the word got around, this kid is insane man".

The constant recurring row of people facing the aucience with affected faces, preferably turning on a chord.

The forced placement of "now we need a self important song" combined with "now we need a jolly song".

I could go on but I have work to do now.

Updated On: 6/28/16 at 08:14 AM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#27Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 8:26am

oh yes i forgot that this is the show that invented looking into the audience at the end of a musical number.

in the opening number, his name is literally said 8 times (twice as an echo). It's the title of the song and his name is the name of the show. So I don't really know what your problem is with that. 8 times isn't going to kill you. also the character doesn't strut around the stage saying "just you wait," he says it (3 times) while walking along the docks on his way to New York City.

There's also no use of acapella in the song "What'd I Miss" so I'm pretty sure you hallucinated that part.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 6/28/16 at 08:26 AM

Dave19
#28Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 8:36am

Well, listen to "What'd I miss" from 0:55. You have not listened to it? Or were you hallucinating while doing it?

And yes, there are more musicals with a head flip on the last chord, facing the audience in an affected manner, but that is why I say musical parody. Hamilton copied it, not invent.

I'm just glad that good shows do not do this.

Also the "just you wait" is not just in the opening song (again, have you listened to the show?)

Updated On: 6/28/16 at 08:36 AM

TheEngineer892 Profile Photo
TheEngineer892
#29Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 9:24am

Well, you may feel that way, but the rest of America would not agree with you. Especially the 11 Tony Awards the show received. It isn't mocking musical theatre, it is a brilliant piece of theatre. The lyrics in this show are exemplary. There is a reason why there is so much hype.

Liza's Headband
#30Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 9:31am

gypsy101 said: "oh yes i forgot that this is the show that invented looking into the audience at the end of a musical number.

in the opening number, his name is literally said 8 times (twice as an echo). It's the title of the song and his name is the name of the show. So I don't really know what your problem is with that. 8 times isn't going to kill you. also the character doesn't strut around the stage saying "just you wait," he says it (3 times) while walking along the docks on his way to New York City.

There's also no use of acapella in the song "What'd I Miss" so I'm pretty sure you hallucinated that part.

"

You must have also completely forgotten that Dave19 is racist, hence his intense disdain for this musical. You're wasting time and energy on him. Move on. 

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#31Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 10:46am

Liza's Headband is right. Dave19 is racist. He's a troll and he's baiting all of you with his rhetoric. You're all better off just ignoring him or blocking him altogether.

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#32Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 1:51pm

yes that's true. I just wish he wasn't so incorrect in his bashing.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#33Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 3:26pm

I think the suggestion of Audra's unborn child being cast is great...because it just might take that long for the film to be made.

Some of us are old enough to remember when Liza and Goldie were going to star in CHICAGO...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kbIGxIhBKI

Dave19
#34Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 5:02pm

gypsy101 said: "yes that's true. I just wish he wasn't so incorrect in his bashing."

I just proved you wrong. Are you still hallucinating? Just like you were when listening to the show?

And for the other racial profilers like Liza's Raceband, can you please, for once, leave race out of a discussion? Thanks.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#35Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 5:36pm

Another thread overcome by trollery. Gypsy get out while you can!!

In seriousness, I really hope they do the film unconventionally. I think if they did it like a conventional costume drama it would be really hokey. And people might call into question the multi-ethnic casting in an otherwise period accurate non-fiction based film.

Someone on here suggested a music video style version shot in modern NYC/DC etc and I think that could be cool. Even if they still wore period costume (how crazyy would that be?). It also might excuse the addressing the audience aspects. BUT it could have even a bigger risk of feeling hokey by being too "concept."

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

aaaaaa15
#36Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 5:41pm

Agree with your thoughts Mr. Nowack. It wont work if they play this off as being normalcy, it needs to be a bit out there to work on screen.

rjm516
#37Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 5:44pm

I'm still laughing at Javier Bardem

Dave19
#38Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 9:07pm

Mr. Nowack said: "Another thread overcome by trollery. Gypsy get out while you can!!

In seriousness, I really hope they do the film unconventionally. I think if they did it like a conventional costume drama it would be really hokey. And people might call into question the multi-ethnic casting in an otherwise period accurate non-fiction based film.

Someone on here suggested a music video style version shot in modern NYC/DC etc and I think that could be cool. Even if they still wore period costume (how crazyy would that be?). It also might excuse the addressing the audience aspects. BUT it could have even a bigger risk of feeling hokey by being too "concept."

"

Great point.

It should per definition not be realistic/literal because the way of storytelling and the material and the artform is not.

This goes for a show/film like Miss Saigon too. To avoid it from being silly they should make it a triumph of the fantasy.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#39Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 9:12pm

I've said that I think the film should use period costume / decor but in the setting of modern-day NYC. I think that would be cool. seeing everyone in horse-drawn carriages but with the backdrop of the skyscrapers could be cool.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#40Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 9:46pm

Now that sounds like disaster. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#41Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 10:31pm

Now that sounds like disaster. 

I think many probably said that about HAMILTON in general so who knows!

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#42Hamilton Movie Cast Brainstorming
Posted: 6/28/16 at 10:32pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Now that sounds like disaster. "

because all your ideas on the subject were so riveting