pixeltracker

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017- Page 12

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#275ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/20/17 at 4:59pm

hes talking about how he wants good music that you can hum and want to listen to after the shows over. If the music is forgettable, there's no point in doing a musical. 

FiddleMeThis
#276ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/20/17 at 5:15pm

Kinky Boy said: "hes talking about how he wants good music that you can hum and want to listen to after the shows over. If the music is forgettable, there's no point in doing a musical. 

"Thank you! That's exactly what I meant. The music is enjoyable but not a lot of it stays with you. Again, this is my opinion.

ALittleFallofRain Profile Photo
ALittleFallofRain
#277ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/20/17 at 7:20pm

From what I've listened to I think Journey to the Past, Rumor in St. Petersburg, Derek Klena's new song -- I think it's called My Petersburg (?) -- are totally hummable. Though, I don't think "hits" are the marker of a great musical or even a great score. It's how the songs work together to tell the story that matters... and I know Ahrens, Flaherty and McNally know how to tell a damn good story.

StylishCynic
#278ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/20/17 at 8:36pm

FiddleMeThis said: "What would you say are the "hits" from this show? I am not the hugest fan of Journey- it has power but I feel like it's not the strongest songwriting. 

"

I have to say, I feel that this show has more hits than, say, Matilda does. From the newly added songs (and I am 95% certain that they're keeping these numbers from Hartford because they were excellent), I can easily see:

- We'll Go From There - Truly a lovely, lovely number. The last minute or so are especially enchanting. Love the way they end this one, too!

- Land of Yesterday - Fun, loud number that doesn't lose any steam throughout!

- Quartet - Received applause at several points during the song when I attended. Of course, this is a reworking of a famous Anastasia song.

Becoming "hits" of the cast album. I really hope that "At the Beginning" has been worked into the show. I'm going in April and cannot wait to see what changes they have made. This is my favorite new piece of the season, and if all goes well, it should have a fighting chance at Best Musical.

Updated On: 3/20/17 at 08:36 PM

curel1
#279ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/20/17 at 9:52pm

StylishCynic said: "FiddleMeThis said: "What would you say are the "hits" from this show? I am not the hugest fan of Journey- it has power but I feel like it's not the strongest songwriting. 

"

I have to say, I feel that this show has more hits than, say, Matilda does. From the newly added songs (and I am 95% certain that they're keeping these numbers from Hartford because they were excellent), I can easily see:

- We'll Go From There - Truly a lovely, lovely number. The last minute or so are especially enchanting. Love the way they end this one, too!

- Land of Yesterday - Fun, loud number that doesn't lose any steam throughout!

- Quartet - Received applause at several points during the song when I attended. Of course, this is a reworking of a famous Anastasia song.

Becoming "hits" of the cast album. I really hope that "At the Beginning" has been worked into the show. I'm going in April and cannot wait to see what changes they have made. This is my favorite new piece of the season, and if all goes well, it should have a fighting chance at Best Musical.

"

Stay I Pray You and In My Dreams are also standouts to me. Really, this whole score is great, not forgettable at all.

StylishCynic
#280ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/20/17 at 10:54pm

curel1 said: "Stay I Pray You and In My Dreams are also standouts to me. Really, this whole score is great, not forgettable at all."

YES, Stay I Pray You is a thoughtful, haunting piece. I audibly gasped when I realized just exactly what theme from In the Dark of the Night they repurposed because it's genius and subtle and a respectful nod to this cut piece that many will remember and possibly miss from the animated movie.

I agree, though, it's remarkable from beginning to end. I was considering including My Petersburg because it's a charming song for a man on Broadway, but I didn't want my list to be too long. Hah!

neonlightsxo
#281ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/21/17 at 9:14am

Rumor In St. Petersburg is, craft-wise, one of the best opening numbers we've seen in recent years. I'm so excited.

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#282ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/21/17 at 11:00am

Any word on the rush / SRO policy?? The dude at the box office was vague...

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#283ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/22/17 at 4:04am

The CD version of the cast recording will be released on 9 June, on Amazon at least: https://www.amazon.com/Anastasia-O-B-C-R-ANASTASIA/dp/B06XRZSCM9/.

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#284ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/22/17 at 4:20am

Is In The Dark of The Night still in?

neonlightsxo
#285ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 3/22/17 at 8:34am

No. Rasputin is not a character anymore, why would his song still be in it?

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#286ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 9/30/17 at 7:54pm

Interesting 360-degree video of 'Once Upon a December':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHTGC80aDq8

lambchop2
#287ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 10/1/17 at 1:01am

Fan123 said: "Interesting 360-degree video of 'Once Upon a December':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHTGC80aDq8
"

Glad they did the whole number and not just a snippet! But oh how I wish they had Anya dancing (even without the costume change as in the film) instead of standing still for 98% of the song holding the box.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#288ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 2/10/18 at 8:51pm

Stephanie Rothenberg has been doing press for the show lately. Could she be joining the broadway cast or tour? Or is she just doing this as a favor. She sounds nice. https://instagram.com/p/BeoS78YFZ2R/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#289ANASTASIA Casting Announced
Posted: 4/23/18 at 5:42am

Random thread revival, but I just wanted to point out that, gratifyingly, the marketers recently met our wish from a few pages back for a 'Wanted' poster for Anya, to match/contrast with the previous 'Missing' one :) Now how about that Anastasia actress audition one, hmm?

ANASTASIA Casting Announced

ANASTASIA Casting Announced

Slight tangent, but does anyone happen to have seen any marketing for 'Once On This Island' that plays up the 'Anastasia' connection? I was expecting to see a bit of promotion along the lines of "The creators of Anastasia bring back their original tale of one girl's epic journey..." etc, but I haven't seen anything like that online at least.