pixeltracker

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017- Page 5

ANASTASIA Broadway Cast Confirmed, Set for Broadhurst Theatre - Spring 2017

neonlightsxo
#100ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/14/16 at 9:00am

the brass kazoo said: "Perhaps this bothers me unduly because I am a huge Russian history buff but I wish they hadn't made Anastasia blonde in this production, since the original Anastasia had dark hair."

Did you also hate Cinderella because Laura Osnes isn't a blonde?

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#101ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/14/16 at 9:20am

LizzieCurry said: "It looks like she's dying.

Dying or Flying?--about ready for take-off !

"

broadwayguy91
#102ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/14/16 at 10:49am

I'm actually hoping they might give Christy (Anya) a bright auburn / strawberry blonde / brighter red (but not orange) wig for Christy. would make her character pop out more physically and also because red hair is not a common color for a heroine./ female protagonist,

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#103ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/14/16 at 11:02am

neonlightsxo said: "Did you also hate Cinderella because Laura Osnes isn't a blonde?"

Because Cinderella is totally based on a real human being...

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

vildsvin98
#104ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/14/16 at 11:34am

i personally hope they add some of anya/anastasia s otter outfits from the animated film like these Billedresultat for anastasia dressBilledresultat for anastasia dress Billedresultat for anastasia dressBilledresultat for anastasia 1997 anya and some of the costumes from the paris holds the key to your heart in the film:) ps sorry if the pictures i used are a bit to big i tried to make them smaller but i dont if it actually worked:/ oh and sorry for my bad english

broadwayguy91
#105ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/14/16 at 11:35am

to be fair, this Anastasia is "inspired" by both the Ingrid Bergman B/W film and the 1997 animated movie, so it is basically a fictionalized account of who Anastasia might have become if she had survived (we all know that she was murdered along with the rest of her family). so I see no issue with re-interpreting the character, down to the physical appearance

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#106ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/14/16 at 11:35am

broadwayguy91 said: "I'm actually hoping they might give Christy (Anya) a bright auburn / strawberry blonde / brighter red (but not orange) wig for Christy. would make her character pop out more physically and also because red hair is not a common color for a heroine./ female protagonist,"

It worked so well for Winnie in Tuck Everlasting!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Willie4316
#107ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/14/16 at 12:01pm

LizzieCurry said: "broadwayguy91 said: "I'm actually hoping they might give Christy (Anya) a bright auburn / strawberry blonde / brighter red (but not orange) wig for Christy. would make her character pop out more physically and also because red hair is not a common color for a heroine./ female protagonist,"

"

I second that. I personally liked the show when I saw it in May, but I saw the many flaws it could have fixed. Starting with that wig. 

10086sunset
#108ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/16/16 at 2:45pm

Tickets are now available...

The AMEX pre-sale was scheduled to start Monday but it's live now and you can purchase seats...

CarlAlan610
#109ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/17/16 at 9:53am

I agree broadwayguy91 Constantine Germanacos was wonderful - I hope he continues with the show. I am looking forward to the full cast announcement. When do tickets go on sale to the general public? My Amex turned into a Visa so I can't get the Amex pre-sale.

broadwayguy91
#110ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/17/16 at 10:27am

LizzieCurry said: "broadwayguy91 said: "I'm actually hoping they might give Christy (Anya) a bright auburn / strawberry blonde / brighter red (but not orange) wig for Christy. would make her character pop out more physically and also because red hair is not a common color for a heroine./ female protagonist,"

"

I like to conveniently forget that that bore of a production ever existed.

Whateverjsays
#111ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/17/16 at 7:02pm

I'm looking at seats now and it seems many are sold out. Do we know if that's just for the presale and more will actually become available when it's on sale to the public? Im tempted to go out and buy an American Express gift card 

neonlightsxo
#112ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/19/16 at 3:48pm

Single Tickets Go On Sale October 7, 2016

according to the website

http://www.anastasiabroadway.com/

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#113ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/19/16 at 3:59pm

Their first teaser is fabulous, too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjAx__D2eeM

Very pleased with the show's marketing and branding so far.

Updated On: 9/19/16 at 03:59 PM

neonlightsxo
curel1
#115ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/19/16 at 4:03pm

Gorgeous!

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#116ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/19/16 at 4:18pm

I bought a ticket today to the first preview. I usually try to avoid preview performances since I only have limited trips to NYC, I like to wait until after opening. But I'm going to be in NYC that week to see Miss Saigon so I figured it might be fun - will be my first time going to a first preview. Then hopefully if I like it I'll see it again in the summer to see what changes.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#117ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/19/16 at 4:38pm

Probably my favorite Broadway ad since THE VISIT's gorgeous ones. The only part I thought looked silly was the one shot of the ghostly figures dancing.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#118ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/19/16 at 4:58pm

Mr. Nowack said: "The only part I thought looked silly was the one shot of the ghostly figures dancing."

Beat me to it. Appreciate the idea, but that shot looked really awkward. If it was a close-up of the ghosts, it would look better. The shot of the barrel burning was random too. Otherwise, loved it!

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#119ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/20/16 at 4:54pm

I understood the intent of the fire shot but agree it was kindof badly executed.

Funny how even in a short ad like that we can still pick it apart shot by shot haha! Definitely overall very successful though IMO.

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#120ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/21/16 at 7:35pm

Serious question.  Is that smoking thing intended to be one of those big barrels with fire in it that homeless people stand around?  

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#121ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/21/16 at 8:12pm

Daddy Warbucks said: "Serious question.  Is that smoking thing intended to be one of those big barrels with fire in it that homeless people stand around?  

"

Yes. In a scene, Dmitri and Anya run into his ex-con partners in a alley

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#122ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/22/16 at 11:46am

Ah ok, that makes sense. Pretty much Journey to the Past is a money song -- you can put it with any images and it's going to get people excited.  I'm guessing the more full length commercials for the show will also feature that song.  

I noticed on facebook, the Anastasia teaser has 6.9m views since being posted a few days ago.  I realize views are probably easy to come by on facebook, but that's still crazy...  Somebody on these boards must have the teaser on repeat?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#123ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/22/16 at 11:51am

Daddy Warbucks, the vast majority of those are indeed real time views. Facebook has a pretty killer autoplay system on everybody's newsfeeds that enables shared/sponsored videos to be seen by MANY more people than would normally happen by asking people to click through a link into a YouTube page. It's a fantastic way to broaden knowledge and awareness, and the Anastasia team is clearly using it well.  

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#124ANASTASIA Set for Broadhurst Theatre, Spring 2017
Posted: 9/22/16 at 12:02pm

Wow

http://variety.com/2016/legit/news/ramin-karimloo-cast-anastasia-1201868067/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt