pixeltracker

Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show- Page 2

Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show

trpguyy
#25Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/2/16 at 11:22am

Child's play. Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen ("Ring Cycle"Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show is 15 hours long.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#26Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/2/16 at 11:58am

The Ring Cycle uncut is over 15 hours long...but presented as four operas on four successive evenings. That's not really what is being discussed here. (And when we discuss opera, it should be acknowledged that a lot of the length of some opera evenings come from the long intermissions)

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

broadwayguy91
#27Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/2/16 at 12:04pm

Camelot was way past the usual 2.5 hour mark, no?

AEA AGMA SM
#28Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/2/16 at 1:43pm

I seem to recall reading that Camelot was running close to, if not over, four hours up in Toronto before it first came to Broadway. I believe most current productions do come in under three hours, though close.

Most productions of Gypsy and My Fair Lady clock in at close to 3 hours as well.

Dollypop
#29Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/3/16 at 12:19pm

As I recall, Nicholby could only be see in a single day. We had a one hour dinner break and restaurants had special Nicolby tables. You reserved your place and ordered from a special menu before the noon performance. At the dinner break, you rushed to the restaurant where your names were on the table and your 1st course was waiting for you. Service was swift and we were back in our seats in plenty of time for Part Two.

I think we paid for our dinners in advance, too.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 7/3/16 at 12:19 PM

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#30Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/4/16 at 7:44pm

Wasn't there a Coast of Utopia marathon few times -- 8-9 hours total?

hork Profile Photo
hork
#32Longest Running Time of a Broadway Show
Posted: 7/5/16 at 1:06am

Phantom of the Opera was 15 hours, right?