pixeltracker

Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?- Page 2

Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?

Whateverjsays
#25Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 9/26/16 at 6:59pm

I'm still sticking with Vanessa Williams being Miranda. I think she would be the perfect role for it. She's done the mean roles with Ugly Betty and the Witch in Into The Woods and brings an evil and warmth to it. I think Jennifer Damiano and Helene Yorke as Andy and Emily would be quite entertaining 

whatdoesntkillme
#26Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 9/26/16 at 6:59pm

sephyr said: "I actually think Sierra would be great in the Emily Blunt role. Would love Patti to star in this with Caroline Bowman or Jennifer Damiano as Andy. This could be really great if done right!! As for the creative team: I think it would be interesting if American Psycho's musical team tackled this."

I was gonna say, the obvious choice to me right off the bat was Jenn Damiano! She has the look and just the right mix of vulnerability and confidence.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#27Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 9/26/16 at 7:05pm

What about Vanessa Hudgens as Andy? She's certainly shown that she has chops with Gigi and Grease Live. I'd be interested to see her take on a more layered role like this.

Whateverjsays
#28Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 9/26/16 at 7:11pm

gleek4114 said: "What about Vanessa Hudgens as Andy? She's certainly shown that she has chops with Gigi and Grease Live. I'd be interested to see her take on a more layered role like this.

"

Negative

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#29Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 9/26/16 at 8:42pm

This is Patti's next Tony.

Keep Sherie Rene Scott far away from this.  She already butchered one of the all time best villains, that was enough.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#30Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 9/26/16 at 8:47pm

Tag said: "This is Patti's next Tony.

Keep Sherie Rene Scott far away from this.  She already butchered one of the all time best villains, that was enough.

LuPone would kill in this! Yes! Give it to La LuPone!!!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#31Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 9/26/16 at 8:50pm

^GOD, YES.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#32Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 9/26/16 at 8:57pm

What has LuPone ever played that shows the kind of restraint and quiet steeliness that makes Meryl Streep's performance so iconic? She's a master of her craft, but Miranda Priestly she ain't. Williams has already played a version of the role in *Ugly Betty* and was quite spectacular in it. I can't help but picture the marvelous Donna Murphy, whose performance in *Follies* still ranks as one of the most stellar takes on the ice queen. Someone mentioned warmth as an element that Miranda should have, and I disagree. There's nothing warm about Miranda. Streep and David Frankel worked to make her less two-dimensional than she's in the novel, but at no point did they turn the character into a warm person. She is vulnerable at times, never warm or loving or anything of the sort. If not Murphy, Toni Collette would be genius in the role as well.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

CarlosAlberto
#33Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 9/26/16 at 9:25pm

She's an actress. A Juilliard trained actress...La LuPone can do this role justice.

(wow I can't believe I made my point without having to write a 3 page essay....like the rest of you.)

Updated On: 9/26/16 at 09:25 PM

CarlosAlberto
#34Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 9/26/16 at 9:29pm

CarlosAlberto said: "She's an actress. A Juilliard trained actress...La LuPone can do this role justice.

(wow I can't believe I made my point without having to write a 3 page essay....like the rest of you.)*

*Actually I can

Updated On: 9/26/16 at 09:29 PM

Whateverjsays
#35Devil Wears Prada Musical with Vanessa Williams?
Posted: 1/26/17 at 1:11pm

Whateverjsays said: "For the longest time I have been saying that they should make a Devil Wears Prada musical with Vanessa Williams as Miranda Priestly and Sierra Boggess as Andy. Thoughts? 

"

Clearly time to bump this !