pixeltracker

Is "Bombshell" happening?- Page 2

Is "Bombshell" happening?

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#25Is Bombshell happening?
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:35pm

icecreambenjamin said: "Bombshell is Shaiman and Wittman's best score.  I hope to see it find it's way to Broadway in the future."

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The songs were brutal, honest, and really really well written. 

As for - "I really don't think people are craving a musical about Marilyn Monroe."

I wasn't craving for a War & Peace, Carole King, mormons, or even a musical about Alexander Hamilton. But they all came anyway and are ruling the theater district. I'd argue that more people are craving for Bombshell to come to Broadway that any of the examples I gave.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

broadwayboy223
#26Is Bombshell happening?
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:39pm

So WTF were those posts about? I seriously hope Bombshell is being worked on. It's a fantastic score. I want them to get this going so Megan Hilty can still play Marilyn. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#27Is Bombshell happening?
Posted: 5/23/17 at 1:42pm

...it was just a silly social media thing about Paulus. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#28Is Bombshell happening?
Posted: 5/23/17 at 2:50pm

"I wasn't craving for a War & Peace, Carole King, mormons, or even a musical about Alexander Hamilton. But they all came anyway and are ruling the theater district. I'd argue that more people are craving for Bombshell to come to Broadway that any of the examples I gave.I wasn't craving for a War & Peace, Carole King, mormons, or even a musical about Alexander Hamilton. But they all came anyway and are ruling the theater district. I'd argue that more people are craving for Bombshell to come to Broadway that any of the examples I gave."

You think people are craving more for Bombshell then they were when they heard about Lin-Manuel Miranda's show about Hamilton, I don't. As for "Book Of Mormon", plenty of people could not wait to see what the creators of Southpark would come up with for Broadway.  Carole King is a legendary songwriter of great songs and her life story was not that well known so it had people very interested. My point with Bombshell is that Marilyn Monroe's life has been overexposed and I don't think people would be that interested in the story. I enjoyed the music of Bombshell that was on SMASH but putting this together into a good Broadway show and get people excited about it might be a stretch IMO.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#29Is Bombshell happening?
Posted: 5/23/17 at 2:55pm

My point with Bombshell is that Marilyn Monroe's life has been overexposed and I don't think people would be that interested in the story.

Not to mention they weren't that interested the first time her story was a musical.  The only ones craving Bombshell are the fans of the series and there weren't enough of them to keep that going.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#30Is Bombshell happening?
Posted: 5/23/17 at 4:09pm

Wait, someone out there didn't love MARILYN, A MUSICAL FABLE?? My favorite numbers involved slinky lady dancers crawling all over Marilyn's bed impersonating her vices, and the duets between Louella and Hedda the dueling gossip mavens. Classic stuff!

CallMeAl2 Profile Photo
CallMeAl2
#31Is Bombshell happening?
Posted: 5/23/17 at 8:36pm

broadwayboy223 said: "So WTF were those posts about? I seriously hope Bombshell is being worked on. It's a fantastic score. I want them to get this going so Megan Hilty can still play Marilyn. "

They were just playing with social media. They shouldn't have done that - it was an amateur move.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#32Is Bombshell happening?
Posted: 6/12/17 at 11:43am

I don't know about you, but I'm fine with no more news of this until they have a full creative team, and are actually doing a reading/workshop at the very least.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/SMASHs-Marilyn-Monroe-Musical-BOMBSHELL-Inches-Closer-to-Broadway-20170612

Also, it's not on Netflix US ("DVD only"Is Bombshell happening?, so not sure where BWW editors are currently living.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

JennH
#33Is Bombshell happening?
Posted: 6/12/17 at 4:49pm

I don't think it's "Marilyn" people are craving so much, it's Smash. If it weren't for Smash, there wouldn't be a Marilyn musical PERIOD. 

As for the mention of Hit List, there already was a concert staging at 54 Below, but one with an actual book? Maaayybbeeeee....I'm just going by it's Smash arc, but by the time it got "finished" it was sung through. Not that I'd mind another concert of it though.