JERSEY BOYS: Final Months on Broadway

Swallow2
#25Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 10/28/16 at 8:22pm

Thank you so much for the tips!!

krispy kreme
#26Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 11/2/16 at 6:25pm

Mark and some of the JB cast will be performing "Oh, What A Night" on Dancing With the Stars next Monday.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#27Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 11/2/16 at 10:34pm

krispy kreme said: "Mark and some of the JB cast will be performing "Oh, What A Night" on Dancing With the Stars next Monday."

Is that what this is about? (I have no idea if these things are pre-taped.)

https://twitter.com/MarkBallas/status/793572376822837249

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

krispy kreme
#28Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 11/3/16 at 2:08am

He will be there live in the studio in LA. Sunday is the camera block day for DWTS, so I assume he will be there for that vs. in JB.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#29Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 11/30/16 at 10:47pm

Has anybody been to the show as of late? Interested how Ballas has been developing in the role, as I'll be returning in January. Happy to see that it's selling particularly well as it reaches the end.

LizzieCurry
#30Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 11/30/16 at 11:05pm

I saw Mark a couple weeks ago and he was excellent. I'd never heard of him before (I don't watch DWTS), so I can't say I had any expectations. Strong voice, obviously a great dancer, enthusiastic actor who looked like he was having the time of his life up there.

BroadwayConcierge
#31Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 1/12/17 at 8:50am

Final performance this Sunday!

Random question: does anybody think they could have a special/commemorative playbill at the closing performance like several other long-running shows have distributed at their closings?

BroadwayConcierge
#32Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 1/13/17 at 11:17pm

Bumping—three performances left on Broadway!

loveinnewyorkcity Profile Photo
loveinnewyorkcity
#33Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 1/14/17 at 12:00am

Wonder if they'll do rush on Sunday...? I know their final lottery was today. 

Do they do SRO? Also wondering if they'd do that Sunday. Dying to see it on closing night but $177 is steep for back of mezz.

LizzieCurry
#34Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 1/14/17 at 12:11am

They do SRO when it's sold out, which it has been. They may not offer it for closing night, though.

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
Broadwaydancer2
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#37Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 1/15/17 at 8:31pm

Set wise never looked an expensive show to run, so surprise they haven't transferred to off Broadway, such as New World Stages or the Little Shubert.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#38Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 1/15/17 at 8:35pm

it ran for 11 years & has been very successful on tour & in Vegas. No need to move it off-Broadway. This show will play nearly every regional theater across the U.S.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

LizzieCurry
#39Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 1/15/17 at 9:12pm

I wasn't at the show tonight, but I was there last night, and the show closed in incredible shape. I really hope this is not Mark Ballas' last show on Broadway (or that we have to wait too long). His ACTORY faces could be a bit much, but he is a joy to watch and an amazing triple threat.

loveinnewyorkcity Profile Photo
loveinnewyorkcity
#40Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 1/16/17 at 12:36am

Broadwaydancer2 said: "Was JLY there ?

"

Doubtful. He didn't even attend the 10th anniversary, even when the rest of the original cast and other past cast members did. 

Though he does have shows coming up in NY. He also changed his Facebook banner to the current JB marquee.

BroadwayConcierge
#41Mark Ballas as Frankie Valli, JERSEY BOYS' Final Months on Broadway
Posted: 1/16/17 at 11:06am

JLY was not in attendance yesterday, nor do I believe either of the other original principal leads. The show was sensational as always. Ballas was exuberant and joyful, even if I hope he refines his acting chops a bit before his next Broadway gig. "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" through the "Who Loves You" finale was emotional as hell. 

The curtain call welcomed the entire creative team to the stage and featured a number of speeches from book writers Elice and Brickman, someone who I believe was a lead producer, and finally, a few remarks from Frankie Valli himself, who was clearly overcome with emotion. It was a touching end to a landmark show.

Updated On: 1/16/17 at 11:06 AM