pixeltracker

"Hamilton's America": They Threw Away Their Shot(s)- Page 2

"Hamilton's America": They Threw Away Their Shot(s)

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#25I will watch it again and again and again!
Posted: 10/23/16 at 11:27pm

Oh my dvr is possessed or something. Does the oddest things. 

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#26I will watch it again and again and again!
Posted: 10/24/16 at 6:30am

They delivered the documentary promised. Beautifully edited, full of information and glimpses of the production.  Those disappointed seem to be part of the handful who truly believed large heretofore unrevealed chunks of the show itself would be served up, intact.  We got more than most such endeavors.  I've seen the show and was surprised how much was included. This production and its iterations are just beginning a long journey.  (Had such a documentary on CHORUS LINE or RENT been issued 15 months or so into its run, I daresay we would not have seen as much of those shows as we saw of HAMILTON.) They have a right and maybe an obligation to surprise its paying audiences -- most of who haven't shown up at HAMILTON yet, lest we forget.  Just my two cents.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#27I will watch it again and again and again!
Posted: 10/24/16 at 10:18am

If 100 hours of footage were shot- which is possible, if cameras were rolling for hours as work was being done over the course of the time spanned in the documentary- why would anyone expect all, or even most, or even a lot, would end up in a 90 minute final product?

I thought this was an invaluable documentary, even if it doesn't contain tons of new information for diehard fans. I especially appreciated the choice to have interviews with both Republican and Democratic leaders. Jimmy Fallon, ehhhh not so much.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#28I will watch it again and again and again!
Posted: 10/24/16 at 11:16am

I thought it was a confusing documentary.  The historical information was lighter than a Behind the Music and having the cast visit sites was kind of abstract.  As someone mentioned, it did feel like a very long trailer for a documentary.  I think I was expecting more a of a BTS piece on Hamilton, but I imagine LMM was very much tied to NDA's during the last few years of Hamilton.  It wasn't terrible but I don't think it was all that informative.  

ebontoyan
#29I will watch it again and again and again!
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:11pm

Loved the documentary, it was about what I expected! I liked how the original cast went to the different historical sites that were played out in the show. Highlights for me were Chris Jackson/LMM singing One Last Time at the WH and LMM/LOJ going thru Ham/Burr correspondence before their duel. But the rest were also amazing! 

I have seen the Hamilton 3x and got tix to see in Chicago in Dec as well as listening to the cast recording many times, and the doc just added to my appreciation of this show!!!

Updated On: 10/24/16 at 12:11 PM