Tickets Advice

Ken6
#1Tickets Advice
Posted: 10/31/16 at 1:42pm

My wife and I are going into the City on Wednesday for our Anniversary and Plan on seeing Fiddler on the Room in the Afternoon and The Waitress (as long as we don’t win the Hamilton Lotto) in the Evening. We will be getting into Times Square around 1030. How am I better off getting tickets? Rush or TKTS?  Looking to spend around $60 per ticket. Also not sure if they offer Student Rush discounts?  We Plan on getting all the tickets in the morning but could maybe get the evening show tickets later in the day. Also anyone have a recommendation as a fall back show? Already seen Cats and Wicked. Also maybe a place to eat within walking distance… Nothing to fancy we usually do Irish pubs

Thanks

Ken

neonlightsxo
#2Tickets Advice
Posted: 10/31/16 at 1:46pm

You can get your Waitress tickets now, with this discount. Not sure you'll be able to get Waitress for $60 at TKTS.

http://www.broadwaybox.com/shows/waitress/

Gartenzwerge
#3Tickets Advice
Posted: 10/31/16 at 2:44pm

Fiddler rush tickets are $37, and I ended up with great side orchestra seats both times I rushed. Lines weren't too long, either. 

Ken6
#4Tickets Advice
Posted: 10/31/16 at 3:09pm

You think I could rush both shows and get tickets faster then at TKTS?  also how was the show? I loved the movie.

neonlightsxo
#5Tickets Advice
Posted: 10/31/16 at 3:15pm

Waitress does not have rush, hence my recommendation.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#6Tickets Advice
Posted: 10/31/16 at 3:17pm

If you don't want to buy advanced discounted tickets for WAITRESS, you could rush FIDDLER (tickets are always available) and get two tickets for around $80...then put the rest of the money you saved towards TKTS seats for WAITRESS. Just a suggestion.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Ken6
#7Tickets Advice
Posted: 10/31/16 at 3:51pm

How much of a discount is that code? Thanks for the help

Robert16 Profile Photo
Robert16
#8Tickets Advice
Posted: 11/1/16 at 1:46am

Waitress was a bore - go see Color Purple or Beautiful instead

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#9Tickets Advice
Posted: 11/1/16 at 5:20pm

I'd like to disagree and I think lots of other people would be with me on saying Waitress is amazing!

Robert, the OP didn't ask for anyone's opinion on the shows they had already picked to see...

Another tip you decide to go to TKTS: the booth only starts selling tickets for evening shows at 3pm. So if you wanted to do that for Waitress you can't do it in the morning. They only sell tickets for the matinee in the morning. So you might want to use the discount that was posted.

If you take the discount code to the box office in the morning you would additionally save the online fee, which it probably at least $8/ticket.

mcsquared
#10Tickets Advice
Posted: 11/1/16 at 11:12pm

Ken6 said: "My wife and I are going into the City on Wednesday for our Anniversary and Plan on seeing Fiddler on the Room in the Afternoon and The Waitress (as long as we don’t win the Hamilton Lotto) in the Evening. We will be getting into Times Square around 1030. How am I better off getting tickets? Rush or TKTS?  Looking to spend around $60 per ticket. Also not sure if they offer Student Rush discounts? 

"

Consider that Tkts is 40 or 50% off the highest priced non-premium tickets so around 80 or 90 for something like Waitress. You are better off with discount codes--the flyer I got has tickets starting at $48

i haven't seen student rush for most plays though have heard of some hip tix under 30 though again not for waitress

Videos