pixeltracker

Riedel on Othello and The Bands Visit transfer, Once on This Island revival- Page 2

Riedel on Othello and The Bands Visit transfer, Once on This Island revival

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#25Riedel on Othello and The Bands Visit transfer, Once on This Island revival
Posted: 12/17/16 at 11:51am

perfectliar said: "neonlightsxo said: "Glass Menagerie is not an open run, but thanks for playing."

Yeah, and limited runs have never closed early.

"

Yeah, because Motown didn't close early this summer? Right. 

perfectliar
#26Riedel on Othello and The Bands Visit transfer, Once on This Island revival
Posted: 12/17/16 at 11:53am

wonderfulwizard11 said: "The upcoming Menagerie is set to run roughly as long as the most recent revival, and that revival definitely didn't have a star on the level of Sally Field. Not to mention, it's not as if every theatregoer saw the last one or isn't happy to see the show return. No reason to assume that this one won't do well. "

My comment has nothing to do with this revival. Just stating how foolhardy it is to claim that just because a show is a limited run that it won't close early.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#27Riedel on Othello and The Bands Visit transfer, Once on This Island revival
Posted: 12/17/16 at 11:57am

Plus, The Glass Menagerie is being co-produced by Lincoln Center Theatre, where they'll have the benefit of season ticket holders.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#28Riedel on Othello and The Bands Visit transfer, Once on This Island revival
Posted: 12/17/16 at 12:01pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Plus, The Glass Menagerie is being co-produced by Lincoln Center Theatre, where they'll have the benefit of season ticket holders."

Carrying on with the spirit of nitpicking in this thread, LCT has members - not season ticket holders. 

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#29Riedel on Othello and The Bands Visit transfer, Once on This Island revival
Posted: 12/18/16 at 12:25am

I hear the ONCE ON THIS ISLAND reading went very well. CIRCLE IN THE SQUARE is a great fit for intimate shows like this,  

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#30Riedel on Othello and The Bands Visit transfer, Once on This Island revival
Posted: 2/26/17 at 12:10am

Yesterday, I received an email from Atlantic Theater Company asking me to complete a survey to "help us build a future life for 'The Band's Visit,'" reading that they're hoping attendees could potentially "help inform a potential move." This seems like a fairly positive sign that a transfer is at least still being considered! Has anybody heard anything from people attached to or close to the production since Riedel's article in December?

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#31Riedel on Othello and The Bands Visit transfer, Once on This Island revival
Posted: 2/26/17 at 1:31pm

Prisoner of 7th Ave said: "Glass Menagerie begins previews in early February.  If, as I suspect, the reaction will be Wingfield fatigue, the Belasco will be free for Othello by April 1.  

"

Glass Menagerie is at least partly produced by LCT, which is a non-profit. It is responsible for its subscribers who booked tickets for performances of the entire limited run.

Videos