#25Come from away or the great comet?.
Posted: 3/2/17 at 2:52pm

Come From Away

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Anng3
#26Come from away or the great comet?.
Posted: 3/2/17 at 2:54pm

freewilma said: "
What did you hate about the Great Comet?  I don't know why she wants to see Anastasia, but she wants to see DEH because she fell in love with the music.  I hadn't been paying close attention to Broadway because I didn't expect to be going this year.  

Girls who are graduating college this year grew up on the Anastasia cartoon movie.  My daughter and her friends who are all college seniors made a special trip to Hartford just to see it.  Anastasia is one of the princess stories which that specific age group LOVES.  

Thanks, I am sure that is the reason. I didn't question her about it because I still want the trip to be a surprise especially seeing 3 shows!  I always have a hard time picking that final show to see on a trip to NYC. I guess this trip is no different. I appreciate the feedback from everyone, and I still haven't decided.

"

"

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#27Come from away or the great comet?.
Posted: 3/2/17 at 3:00pm

I respectfully but totally disagree with Hairspray! Great Comet was one of the most thrilling experiences I've had in the theatre. And yes, the sung-through element is a big reason why I think it appeals to most Les Miz and Hamilton lovers, but also fits into the genre of shows that are historically based with an edge. I'm sure I sound like a rep for the show at this point but I truly loved it Come from away or the great comet?.

Updated On: 3/2/17 at 03:00 PM

cam5y
#28Come from away or the great comet?.
Posted: 3/2/17 at 7:48pm

I liked Great Comet a lot, and Josh Groban was fantastic. It was beautiful, and visually spectacular. You're not going to make a wrong choice. But for me, Come from Away spoke to a deeper place. If you lived through 9/11, or even if you didn't, it will have such meaning. It's about our desire to make connections with others, no matter who we are or where we come from.

brdwybuff
#29Come from away or the great comet?.
Posted: 3/3/17 at 10:35am

Well, I'm about to see both! I just got a rush seat for GC- sec B orchestra- not sure how seat is and a TDF tic for Come From Away. 

Anng3
#30Come from away or the great comet?.
Posted: 3/3/17 at 11:28am

Please report back on which show you preferred and why.  Enjoy!

brdwybuff
#31Come from away or the great comet?.
Posted: 3/3/17 at 11:32am

Anng3 said: "Please report back on which show you preferred and why.  Enjoy!

"

I sure will!