Theatre Sippy Cup Questions

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#1Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 12:25pm

Hello! 

How long does it typically take a show to get a customized sippy cup? 

There are a few shows I will be seeing in previews. Will they have the sippy cups available or does it depend on the show? If so, could I buy them without a drink? 

A few shows I'll be seeing in previews are: 

Groundhog Day, Hello, Dolly!, Anastasia and Miss Saigon. 

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#2Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 12:29pm

TheSassySam said: "Hello! 

How long does it typically take a show to get a customized sippy cup? 

There are a few shows I will be seeing in previews. Will they have the sippy cups available or does it depend on the show? If so, could I buy them without a drink? 

A few shows I'll be seeing in previews are: 

Groundhog Day, Hello, Dolly!, Anastasia and Miss Saigon. 

"

It usually depends on the show and/or theater. The logo cups are usually $10+, even if you just get a fountain soda in one. Might as well get the drink if you're paying that for a plastic cup. 

nasty_khakis
#3Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 12:31pm

It depends on the bar company associated. Most Shubert theatres don't get personalized cups.

They won't let you buy one without a drink, even a soda or water if they insist you pour the bottle into the cup like some shows have been doing lately. However, I find if you wait around after the show you'll see people have left them on the floor or on bars/ledges/surfaces all over the theatre. Just grab one and rinse it out in a water fountain quickly.

bwayandstuff
#4Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 12:32pm

I have about 6 of these cups and have never paid for them. I just look on the floor after the show is over (the floor is usually littered with cups) and then I just take them home and wash them with soap and water PLUS washing them in the dishwasher. Maybe it's gross but I get free cups! lol

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#5Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 12:52pm

bwayandstuff said: "I have about 6 of these cups and have never paid for them. I just look on the floor after the show is over (the floor is usually littered with cups) and then I just take them home and wash them with soap and water PLUS washing them in the dishwasher. Maybe it's gross but I get free cups! lol"

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

MinnieFay
#6Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 12:55pm

bwayandstuff said: "I have about 6 of these cups and have never paid for them. I just look on the floor after the show is over (the floor is usually littered with cups) and then I just take them home and wash them with soap and water PLUS washing them in the dishwasher. Maybe it's gross but I get free cups! lol"

As long as you're washing them --- what's "gross" about it?  Do you typically throw out your cups and glasses at home after a single use?

Kate Monster3
#7Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 12:58pm

Yea I noticed this about Sunset Blvd at the Palace last week.  I've been to that theater for 3 different shows now, and they've never had a personalized cup for the show that was playing.  At first I just thought it was the show, but now I'm thinking maybe this theater just make the cups for their shows. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#8Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:49pm

Kate Monster3 said: "Yea I noticed this about Sunset Blvd at the Palace last week.  I've been to that theater for 3 different shows now, and they've never had a personalized cup for the show that was playing.  At first I just thought it was the show, but now I'm thinking maybe this theater just make the cups for their shows. "

Same here. My boyfriend was disappointed when they didn't have a cup with Close's face on it...but that was the first preview. Asked a friend recently to get a cup for us and came back with the same Palace one. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

TheSassySam
#9Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 4:10pm

Kate Monster3 said: "Yea I noticed this about Sunset Blvd at the Palace last week.  I've been to that theater for 3 different shows now, and they've never had a personalized cup for the show that was playing.  At first I just thought it was the show, but now I'm thinking maybe this theater just make the cups for their shows. 

"

I got a customized one for An American in Paris when I went. The only time I haven't received a custom cup was for "American Psycho." Which would've been lovely. 

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#10Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 5:26pm

They usually don't make special cups for plays or for limited runs.

@z5
#12Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 9:08pm

I saw color purple multiple times and sometimes they had them, some they didn't. 

''I remember seeing bright star in the beginning of last June and there were some there, although I didn't get one. 

Ive also realized that I don't think I have seen a special cup at any play at all, it for the limited run of spring awakening there were specialized ones. 

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#13Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/6/17 at 9:17pm

I have a cup from Peter and the Starcatcher, which was both a play and a limited run, no? (Or was it open?)

Further, I adore the show cups. I have a vast collection, which makes them great for when I have guests over-- everyone knows which drink is theirs. 

I also tend to snag discarded cups as I go-- it saves me money and space in a landfill. Win-win!

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#14Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/7/17 at 8:30am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Kate Monster3 said: "Yea I noticed this about Sunset Blvd at the Palace last week.  I've been to that theater for 3 different shows now, and they've never had a personalized cup for the show that was playing.  At first I just thought it was the show, but now I'm thinking maybe this theater just make the cups for their shows. "

Same here. My boyfriend was disappointed when they didn't have a cup with Close's face on it...but that was the first preview. Asked a friend recently to get a cup for us and came back with the same Palace one.
"

Does the cup have a Sunset Boulevard logo (sans Ms. Close), or is a generic "Palace Theatre" cup?

Updated On: 3/7/17 at 08:30 AM

GiantsInTheSky2
#15Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/7/17 at 9:42am

Lot666 said: "Does the cup have a Sunset Boulevard logo (sans Ms. Close), or is a generic "Palace Theatre" cup?"

It's a generic Palace one. I personally would love one with the logo, but I guess I can purchase other merchandise they have. I'm kind of surprised at the variety of merch they have for this show, seeing as it is a limited engagement.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#16Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/7/17 at 1:15pm

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Lot666 said: "Does the cup have a Sunset Boulevard logo (sans Ms. Close), or is a generic "Palace Theatre" cup?"

It's a generic Palace one. I personally would love one with the logo, but I guess I can purchase other merchandise they have. I'm kind of surprised at the variety of merch they have for this show, seeing as it is a limited engagement.
"

Darn. I know there's a coffee mug, but the pictures I've seen didn't really compel me to buy it. I was hoping for a Sunset street sign logo bar cup.

mailhandler777
#17Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/8/17 at 2:09am

TheSassySam said: "I got a customized one for An American in Paris when I went. The only time I haven't received a custom cup was for "American Psycho." Which would've been lovely."

I got one at American Psycho. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

TheSassySam
#18Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/8/17 at 9:07am

mailhandler777 said: "TheSassySam said: "I got a customized one for An American in Paris when I went. The only time I haven't received a custom cup was for "American Psycho." Which would've been lovely."

I got one at American Psycho. 

"Ah, they must've ran out. I went on closing night. There was just a telecharge cup and no rainbow Playbill... however, it was one of my favorite shows to see on Broadway!

mailhandler777
#19Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/8/17 at 9:17am

^I was there too. I was disappointed at the playbill not having the rainbow logo but my friend snagged me one the night before closing when they had them.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#20Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/8/17 at 10:19am

We have an Annie cup and a Legally Blonde cup so Palace shows do get them.  Our collection is pretty big (probably too big lol) but my sister loves them.  She'll pick one based on her mood and say "remember when we saw this".  So, they're more than just junk Theatre Sippy Cup Questions

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

GiantsInTheSky2
#21Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/31/17 at 9:33am

Kate Monster3 said: "Yea I noticed this about Sunset Blvd at the Palace last week.  I've been to that theater for 3 different shows now, and they've never had a personalized cup for the show that was playing.  At first I just thought it was the show, but now I'm thinking maybe this theater just make the cups for their shows."

They now have Sunset Blvd cups!! I'll have to go back for a third viewing...they didn't have them last week. 

https://twitter.com/karenwebbercpa/status/847287056279535616

nasty_khakis
#22Theatre Sippy Cup Questions
Posted: 3/31/17 at 10:16am

Honestly you could just walk by the theatre during walk out, walk inside and pick one up someone left on the bar on their way out. I used to work at the Palace and people left those cups there by the dozens. If you want to see it again, by all means do, but you honestly don't have to.