Hello Dolly Box Seats

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#1Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 9:25am

Anyone sit in either of the boxes?  Curious about site lines and potential partial view.  Seems to be a number of these seats available throughout the summer.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 1:07pm

Are they being sold online?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#3Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 1:29pm

Yes, I bought two pair yesterday.  $437 for two tickets with fees.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 1:32pm

I sat first row mezzanine center for the first preview so my view was in full intended composition staging. 

Horace's 3-tier store/apartment set and Irene Malloy's hat shop set never extended to the wings so there shouldn't be any partial view issues whatsoever during these scenes.  The only set which could create some partial view issues would be the Harmonia Gardens' 2 circular curtained private dining room sets - one house left and one house right (which slightly glides forward and backwards).  Depending on which box seat you're sitting in, you'll most likely miss the action inside the private dining room on your side but will have a clear view into the private dining room opposite your box seat.   

NOTE: Cornelius, Irene, Minnie & Barnaby are in the private dining room - house left.  Horace & Ernestina are in the one house right. 

Also, Bette/Dolly's dining table is moved to house left during the polka dance contest and remains there during most of the court room scene so you could be getting a slight view of her side if you're in the house left box.  Maybe not as she is slightly angled towards the audience.  

I hope this helps many on here.  

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#5Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 1:35pm

Thanks so much.  I bought one set house left and the other house right.

dramamama611
#6Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 1:53pm

Sorry to be so obtuse....I don't see the possibility to buy box seats on Telecharge?  Is that where you purchased them or from a 3rd party seller?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#7Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 2:01pm

dramamama611 said: "Sorry to be so obtuse....I don't see the possibility to buy box seats on Telecharge?  Is that where you purchased them or from a 3rd party seller?

I bought them on Telecharge.  Box Seats is listed as an option when you select which tickets you want to see.  Wasn't even looking for those, just decently priced seats and I saw these.

dramamama611
#8Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 2:03pm

I'll look again, thanks.   I must have not looked as carefully as I thought!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#9Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 2:33pm

Anshel2 said: "Thanks so much.  I bought one set house left and the other house right."

Planning to run back and forth?!

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#10Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 2:50pm

haterobics said: "Anshel2 said: "Thanks so much.  I bought one set house left and the other house right."

Planning to run back and forth?!

"HA!  Different dates!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#11Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/22/17 at 3:26pm

Anshel2 said: "HA!  Different dates!"

I'm sticking with my version. Hello Dolly Box Seats

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#12Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 3/31/17 at 2:11pm

There are some box seats available for next week.  And they are regularly prices.  Has anyone gotten to sit there?  I am tempted.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 3/31/17 at 02:11 PM

WanderFul
#13Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 1/8/18 at 10:33pm

So can someone tell me if left box, row A/3,4 or right box, row c/1,2 are decent seats? Available now and I'm very interested. Never saw the show so want to make sure we are not deprived of critical elements of the show.

Updated On: 1/8/18 at 10:33 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#14Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 1/8/18 at 10:56pm

Horace's 3-tier store/apartment set and Irene Malloy's hat shop set never extend to the wings so there shouldn't be any partial view issues whatsoever during these scenes. The only set which creates partial view issues is the Harmonia Gardens' 2 circular curtained private dining room sets - one house left and one house right (which slightly glides forward and backwards). Depending on which box seat you're sitting in, you'll miss the action inside the private dining room on your side but will have a clear view into the private dining room opposite your box seat.

NOTE: Cornelius, Irene, Minnie & Barnaby are in the private dining room - house left. Horace & Ernestina are in the one house right.

Also, Bette/Dolly's dining table is moved to house left during the polka dance contest and remains there during most of the court room scene so you could be getting a slight view of her side if you're in the house left box. Maybe not as she is slightly angled towards the audience.

I hope this helps many on here.

WanderFul
#15Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 1/8/18 at 11:14pm

It does help - should i grab left or right....or just wait for better option. Cost is 229 per ticket, and that's a more desirable price point than what's being offered as premium (600). 

Can't believe the stubhub fees...

Anshel2 Profile Photo
Anshel2
#16Hello Dolly Box Seats
Posted: 1/8/18 at 11:32pm

I have tickets at Mezz G9 and G11 for sale on 1/14 at 2pm if you’d rather full view.

Updated On: 1/8/18 at 11:32 PM