pixeltracker

Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?- Page 2

Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#25Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
Posted: 4/1/17 at 2:02am

Another question.  How is Ticketliquidator?

freewilma
#26Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
Posted: 4/1/17 at 10:41am

Have had terrific luck with StubHub thru the years.  I completely agree with trying to purchase downloadable tickets rather than ones to be sent in the mail.  Our only stubhub blip was when we were waiting for hard copies to be mailed to us and they were delayed in arriving.  StubHub actually realized the problem before we did and ended up giving us significantly better seats than we'd originally purchased!  It's nice knowing they have a bricks and mortar site in NYC if problems should arise.  

bear88
#27Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
Posted: 4/8/17 at 3:20am

So let me see if I have this straight. (I have never used StubHub before, and I don't live or work in New York, and I tend to be paranoid.)

I was looking at Dear Evan Hansen tickets, which like most hit shows, tend to decline in price as the day of the show approaches.I have three people going to New York on Sunday (counting me). My options appear to be ordering the tickets, then downloading and printing the tickets at my hotel, or picking them up at the Marriott Marquis.

I don't want to sprint around Manhattan before showtime or fretting all day about the tickets, so I'd rather have them in hand before we eat dinner (or even in the morning). Is that reasonable? 

But it seems like all of your experiences have been positive. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#28Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
Posted: 4/8/17 at 7:57am

bear88 said: "I don't want to sprint around Manhattan before showtime or fretting all day about the tickets, so I'd rather have them in hand before we eat dinner (or even in the morning). Is that reasonable?"

StubHub is safe and not much to worry about.

However, buying from StubHub can be about convenience or price, but you have to decide which is more important. If you wait for tickets to go down in price, someone else may buy them for their convenience, and if you buy them when it is convenient, they may not be at their lowest price.

It sounds like you want convenience AND a low price, but you have to pick one. If you want to enjoy your day and not run around, buy the best tickets at a time that let's all that happen. If you want the best price, oh well, so much for your convenience, you have to watch prices all day until you decide you found a winner.

Also, you may be limiting your options by needing three tickets to a show anyway, as most people have pairs and StubHub can prevent you from buying one ticket and leaving a single, so that can also affect things. I know when I sell on there, you have to buy both tickets or none. So be sure to select 3 as your quantity, and it will filter the options to where you can buy three tickets together. That may reduce a lot a seeming options down to very few.

Another thing to consider, if you get tickets on there that are for PickUp, that may also be easier, as the StubHub pick-up office is at like 40/7. And there have been reports on here about people getting in line with cash and buying a lot of tickets, so sounds like scalpers are also using hard tickets for this show, and they are definitely going to be flexible on price. So, don't worry about Pick-Up, that could be a great option. Plus, you wouldn't worry that they are fake, since you're getting box office-printed tix.

klinnerz
#29Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
Posted: 4/9/17 at 2:08pm

bstoll1 said: "Yep! Bought 2 Mezz tickets for "Hello, Dolly!" on Wednesday for $50 total!

"How? What? haha

muffie80
#30Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
Posted: 4/9/17 at 11:21pm

I have had bad luck the past two days. I bought Dear Evan Hansen tickets for yesterdays matinee. I had to go pick them up and they weren't ready or even printed. I ended up missing the first ten minutes of the show due to traffic. Then today for the matinee, I bought Book of Mormon tickets. It was a "refunded" ticket. I contacted StubHub about it and they said that they need to investigate and who knows when I will get a refund. Beware. Buy tickets on ticketmaster or telecharge. 

klinnerz
#31Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 9:57am

I would also suggest, that if they tickets you buy are "pick up only" at the Stubhub center, then go early. You never know what delays might happen. But at least the Stubhub center is close to TS and the theaters.

ccbroadway13
#32Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 10:20am

I got tickets to Dear Evan Hansen from StubHub for the Saturday matinee. I ended up purchasing center orchestra row M seats for around $225 each with fees. I think that the tickets were on the more expensive side since it was the weekend of break for a lot of schools. Nevertheless, the seats and the show were fantastic! It was worth every penny. I picked up the tickets at the StubHub LMS and it was super efficient and completely reliable. The staff was great - it took me about 2 minutes to pick them up. For a show like Dear Evan Hansen, StubHub is a great option. Since it's sold it for so long, I knew StubHub my only option to see it in the near future with the original cast. Usually ticket prices drop really low about an hour before curtain so keep your eye out. For a Wednesday matinee, there were tickets for $44!!! Usually though, they have tickets for about $120 or $140 30 minutes before curtain for DEH.

Updated On: 4/10/17 at 10:20 AM

jen_in_toronto
#33Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 10:44am

Yes, they're owned by eBay.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#34Is Stubhub a reliable source to buy tickets from?
Posted: 4/10/17 at 12:37pm

I was out by the Music Box a couple Thursdays ago at 6:45 and I was lucky enough to find a ticket on Stubhub for Dear Evan Hansen for $119 ($150 with fees). Definitely one of the worst seats in the theatre (Extreme partial view, but I could see most of the action on stage. Had to run to pick the ticket up at the Stubhub station and run back to the Music Box in 10 minutes, but I made it just in time!

Videos