pixeltracker

Should Geoffrey Rush return to Broadway?

Should Geoffrey Rush return to Broadway?

Q3
#1Should Geoffrey Rush return to Broadway?
Posted: 4/20/17 at 3:13am

Was he any good in exit the king?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Should Geoffrey Rush return to Broadway?
Posted: 4/20/17 at 4:46am

You mean the performance for which he win the Tony?  

Yes, he was good.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

wonkit
#3Should Geoffrey Rush return to Broadway?
Posted: 4/20/17 at 7:52am

He was extremely good in what was not an easy play or an easy role. 

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#4Should Geoffrey Rush return to Broadway?
Posted: 4/20/17 at 1:02pm

Yes, that was one of the best performances I have ever seen in any medium.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#5Should Geoffrey Rush return to Broadway?
Posted: 4/20/17 at 1:05pm

Should he? Why, is it up to us?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

binau Profile Photo
binau
#6Should Geoffrey Rush return to Broadway?
Posted: 4/20/17 at 10:56pm

I'd like to see him return in the revival of a Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, which he did a few years ago in Australia. While he can't sing well and is a bit old, he was pretty funny and is a bigger name than many of the ones that have been thrown around here (even James Corden himself - certainly before his late show). I think it would be nice for audiences to see him mess around a bit in a different kind of role than he is known for.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Videos