pixeltracker

When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?- Page 2

When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#25When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 4/24/17 at 1:53am

Butter Broadway said: "This thread became entirely about money. Let's go back to the question. When is he coming back to Broadway?

"

Well, since nothing has been announced or seems to be in the works, that's not a question anyone can answer. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

UncleCharlie
#26When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 4/24/17 at 2:08am

November 3, 2020.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#27When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 4/24/17 at 2:15am

"Bandstand" was actually written for him and Osnes originally. He turned it down for his current TV job, as I'm sure you can gather.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#28When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 4/24/17 at 2:32am

^ I had no idea that was the case with Bandstand, now it makes Corey playing the role seem like he's always going to be the Jeremy Jordan replacement. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

perfectliar
#29When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 4/24/17 at 8:06am

CindersGolightly said: ""Bandstand" was actually written for him and Osnes originally. He turned it down for his current TV job, as I'm sure you can gather."

I doubt this. Cott has been with the show since 2014 workshops, before Jordan booked and was committed to Supergirl.

Back Row
#30When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 4/24/17 at 12:13pm

As I recall, Jordan was involved in readings and workshops for this show from the start, and then was replaced by Jerrod Spector for the first workshop that included Laura Osnes (there was a conflict at the time, but I don't know if that is the reason he could not go forward with it).  To my knowledge, Cott's first involvement was at Papermill. These are three pretty busy performers, so it's hard to say who it was "written for", and who just happened to be available to do it. 

perfectliar
#31When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 4/24/17 at 12:35pm

You're right, I misread an article from In Tune. However, from everything I can find, Jeremy Jordan was never involved in any way with Bandstand, and the composer never wrote anything for him. (The show began in Las Vegas as a collection of songs for a composer's showcase, and it only ever took off because of Osnes.)

Back Row
#32When is Jeremy Jordan coming back to Broadway?
Posted: 4/24/17 at 1:03pm

perfectliar said: "You're right, I misread an article from In Tune. However, from everything I can find, Jeremy Jordan was never involved in any way with Bandstand, and the composer never wrote anything for him. (The show began in Las Vegas as a collection of songs for a composer's showcase, and it only ever took off because of Osnes.)

He did do a reading / workshop before any of the current names connected to the show were involved. I don't know if he was their first choice, or if he just happened to be the guy who was available for a reading, but it was some time ago. The only reason I remember it is that I saw a lot of hashtags (#Bandstand) on Twitter at the time so I poked around to see what I could find out about it. Until then, I had never heard of the project