pixeltracker

Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight- Page 3

Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#50Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/11/17 at 6:49pm

Andy Cohen is a pariah and yes he is most concerned with getting his guests to humiliate themselves for hie PR benefit. He's another one I am completely done with. He's a misanthrope if you read his books and diaries.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

broadwayboy223
#51Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/11/17 at 7:01pm

I'm kind of surprised to see the Patti hate. She's certainly honest and brash. Her comments aren't wrong. She's an extremely talented and hardworking artist. And she was gracious when I saw her in person. To me she's a legend. And she's told these stories and comments before so I don't see the big deal. Also who wasn't disappointed by the Evita film? I'd just like to know. The keys were way to low. 

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#52Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/11/17 at 7:22pm

I'm just laughing at this idea that Stritch now was somehow not nasty. Look, I love Stritch (who doesn't?) but even people like Tina Fey who hired her multiple times have commented on how difficult she was. Feel however you want about Patti, but that's a bizarre kind of historical revisionism. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#53Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/11/17 at 7:28pm

I find the fiction complaints so bizarre because I always feel like she over-enunciates. In concert and in War Paint, I have understood every word - even with the accent! I think maybe it was a problem earlier in her career, but as of now I think she's flawless vocally.

Broadwaybaby, she IS a legend. And either War Paint's relative success, she's proved that she is a major box-office draw.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#54Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/12/17 at 12:22am

Speaking of the two of them, this short video of Elaine surprising Patti backstage is an absolute treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCurwXlSjBU

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#55Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/12/17 at 12:41am

Ijay, that video just melted my heart.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

VIETgrlTerifa
#56Patti LuPone will be on Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen tonight
Posted: 5/12/17 at 9:26am

About Patti and Madonna...

Lupone and Madonna are both great in different ways. Both are real divas with the good and the bad. Both have serious personality quirks/issues that people will find off-putting.

One is a real singer whose voice and sheer force of personality dominates the stage in intimate theatre settings that can simply wow the socks out of theatre goers while the other heavily collaborates with talented artists and producers to create music she wants and enunciates much better and is also a real force on stage with a clear point-of-view when she's performing her work in front of thousands in a concert setting.

Both have more-or-less the same movie success though one has been in better projects and is a much better actress though can be over-the-top and thus isn't very versatile with the roles she can successfully play compared to her contemporaries. The other one can't really play any character successfully (other than the image she wants to project like in Truth or Dare where her brother said was not truly a real of a depiction of her but an image she wanted to send out at that time in her career) and really is a bit dead behind the eyes and blinks too much on camera (and I hear is worse in plays), but has really done great music videos and has been great to almost legendary in them.

Essentially, one is a big personality who can sing and act while the other is more of an performance artist with real dance training and a huge ego and knows she has a real marketable image and uses it to take control of her career who found her niche in music and intentionally brought underground trends and culture to the mainstream.

Many people think both are hitting the tail end of their careers (if they haven't already) and have critics who say both overstayed their welcome and huge fans who defend them and will support everything they do.

"I've got to get me out of here This place is full of dirty old men And the navigators and their mappy maps And moldy heads and pissing on sugar cubes While you stare at your books."