pixeltracker

Bandstand or Miss Saigon - Page 6

Bandstand or Miss Saigon

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#125Bandstand or Miss Saigon
Posted: 6/22/17 at 10:17pm

This feud has lasted almost as long as the war.

The only thing that  everyone can agree on is that white guys are the worst, living grand lives by exploiting women and other races.

White guys are stereotyped too. What about all the men stuck doing the nasty jobs that no one wants to do: garbage men and road repair crews and stevedores and warehouse workers. Do it or starve. If these guys had any great power over the other gender or over other races they'd use it to find a better job.

Seriously, these guys often behave badly towards women and minorities because they're so angry that they wound up as losers, with the crap jobs, while they see so many that they think got ahead due to special privileges. These includes other white males, like those who are granted admission to the finest universities only because one of their parents attended the school and has been a good donor over the years.

Did you know that four times as many men than women commit suicide? That was surprising enough, but worse, white men have the highest rate compared to the rest of the races. If we're exploiting all non-whites and women, we're doing a lousy job of it.

Thought someone had to put in a word for us white guys.

Updated On: 6/22/17 at 10:17 PM

Nicole Bermeo Profile Photo
Nicole Bermeo
#126Bandstand or Miss Saigon
Posted: 6/23/17 at 2:41pm

Thank you Robbie2 for the discount and I'll definitely check it out. Because my friend is only in the city for a short amount of time, we decided on Miss Saigon and would like to thank everyone for their thoughtful input (even if their opinions on the show did get a bit sidetracked lol) I'll be seeing Miss Saigon on Monday and hopefully try to fit in Bandstand before my friend leaves. Thank you guys again :) 

10086Sundays
#127Bandstand or Miss Saigon
Posted: 6/23/17 at 3:35pm

Mad props to Nicole for actually coming back to this thread.  Enjoy the show(s)!

SporkGoddess
#128Bandstand or Miss Saigon
Posted: 6/23/17 at 3:43pm

Did you know that four times as many men than women commit suicide? That was surprising enough, but worse, white men have the highest rate compared to the rest of the races. If we're exploiting all non-whites and women, we're doing a lousy job of it.

Actually, American Indians and Alaska Natives have the highest suicide rates by ethnicity/race. Furthermore, although more men complete suicide, more women attempt it. Men have higher completion rates because they tend to use more lethal methods compared to women.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 6/23/17 at 03:43 PM

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#129Bandstand or Miss Saigon
Posted: 6/23/17 at 8:34pm

I guess the women don't know that taking a whole bottle of Xanax will just make them very sleepy. But when they fail the first time do they try it again using a method that actually works? Or do they feel that they have gotten the attention that they wanted and are satisfied?

It's so disconcerting when men like Robin Williams and Vince Foster kill themselves. Men who seem to have what everyone else wants. I suppose certain men like Foster are still too macho to admit they have a problem and get help.

This is a bad trail to go down and I leave it here. This country never seems to have been able to escape the Puritan work ethic from centuries ago. Like the French and the Italians we should just shut down for the month of August and enjoy the simple pleasures of life.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#130Bandstand or Miss Saigon
Posted: 6/27/17 at 9:55pm

I'd recommend Miss Saigon as well!  Any show that turns people into blistering buttholes even when only the title is mentioned is worth a look-see.  Plus, it's a great show.  It certainly gets people talking!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#131Bandstand or Miss Saigon
Posted: 6/27/17 at 10:35pm

Mister Matt said: "I'd recommend Miss Saigon as well!  Any show that turns people into blistering buttholes even when only the title is mentioned is worth a look-see.  Plus, it's a great show.  It certainly gets people talking!"

We're only talking about Miss Saigon because we can't talk about Ben Platt not appearing in Marc Platt produced shows.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#132Bandstand or Miss Saigon
Posted: 6/27/17 at 10:55pm

PLATT LIVES MATTER!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#133Bandstand or Miss Saigon
Posted: 6/27/17 at 11:19pm

BLACK LIVES MATTER

10086Sundays
#134Bandstand or Miss Saigon
Posted: 6/28/17 at 1:18am

It's like Bloody Mary.  You say the thread's name 3 times and it resurrects.