Play That Goes Wrong time

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#1Play That Goes Wrong time
Posted: 7/14/17 at 5:34pm

How long is the Play That Goes Wrong? It says 2 hours but I'm trying to see if I can go from that matinee and go over to Book of Mormon for SRO 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#2Play That Goes Wrong time
Posted: 7/14/17 at 6:23pm

If I'm remembering correctly, it was shortly over two hours!

Melanie73
#3Play That Goes Wrong time
Posted: 7/15/17 at 10:28pm

I would personally budget a little over two hours to account for any slight variations in run time, as well as exiting the theatre, and the foot traffic getting to the O'Neil theatre.

I actually did something similar to what you're planning; I saw Amelie a few months ago on a Sunday afternoon, and I immediately walked over to the O'Neil to get in the SRO line.  I was able to get tickets, but I definitely was not toward the beginning of the line.  I believe they have about 25 SRO tickets per performance, and I was just lucky that many of the people in front of me in line only purchased one ticket each.  So, it can be done, but I can't guarantee that you will be able to get an SRO ticket!

Do you already have your ticket for Play That Goes Wrong?  If not, I suggest maybe rushing that show in the morning (or at noon if it's on a Sunday) for the evening show, so that you can secure that ticket, and then run immediately to the Book of Mormon line for SRO for the matinee.  Just a suggestion!

RyMickey
#4Play That Goes Wrong time
Posted: 7/16/17 at 2:38am

This past Wednesday evening it ran a little over two hours and ten minutes.  I had read prior to attending that it was two hours, so it was a little longer than expected.  That said, an understudy had to step in for the second act so it's possible the intermission was a little longer than the scheduled fifteen minutes, but I don't know that for sure.  I also think it's possible the pace of this show is dependent upon how involved the audience is -- a fuller audience that laughs at everything could very possibly lengthen the runtime.

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#5Play That Goes Wrong time
Posted: 7/16/17 at 10:49am

Do you already have your ticket for Play That Goes Wrong?  If not, I suggest maybe rushing that show in the morning (or at noon if it's on a Sunday) for the evening show, so that you can secure that ticket, and then run immediately to the Book of Mormon line for SRO for the matinee.  Just a suggestion!

I'm flying in on a Sunday, and will be in the city around 1 so I was hoping to rush TPTGW then for the matinee

Videos