pixeltracker

Can Victor Garber do funny?- Page 2

Can Victor Garber do funny?

Esther
#25Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 9:43am

Blockhead24 said: "DottieD'Luscia said: "I'm actually more excited about Victor, than I am of Bernadette."

Ditto and I would've killed to see him opposite Donna.
"

Same here. 

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#26Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 9:59am

Thanks everyone for your input! I'm looking forward to seeing what he does with the role!

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#27Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 10:18am

SmokeyLady said: "He is very funny and very sexy. He might possibly be the hottest Horace ever. I have always had a thing for him and I usually only like women."

ME TOO. This is so strange!

Public User Profile Photo
Public User
#28Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 2:24pm

No, the trained actor with extensive experience on stage and screen can only "do serious".  Thanks for asking.

Speed
#29Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 4:23pm

Garber was hilarious as the devil in DAMN YANKEES.  Yes, he can do comedy.  Stupid question.

jtishere
#30Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 4:29pm

As excited as I am about Peters, I too got a bit more excited when I saw Garber was also signing on. And agreed, this will be the feistiest, sexiest Dolly/Horace pairing ever.

jimmycurry01
#31Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 4:33pm

ChildofEarth said: "SmokeyLady said: "He is very funny and very sexy. He might possibly be the hottest Horace ever. I have always had a thing for him and I usually only like women."

"

I'm confused as to how this is even slightly strange, let alone so strange. He seems like a perfect fit to me, being in his very late 60s he is the right age, he can sing quire well, and he is quite funny. Horace is a bit of a curmudgeon, but there is nothing saying he has to be an ugly fellow.

BroadwayBrat
#32Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 9:55pm

LYLS3637 said: "He's sinfully delicious!!!!!!"

THAT made me LOL! 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#33Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 10:04pm

Speed said: "Garber was hilarious as the devil in DAMN YANKEES. Yes, he can do comedy. Stupid question."

true...stole the show in DY...he was so charming and witty

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 9/7/17 at 10:04 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#34Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 10:27pm

SmokeyLady said: "He is very funny and very sexy. He might possibly be the hottest Horace ever. I have always had a thing for him and I usually only like women."

I'm confused, are you a Lesbian?

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#35Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/7/17 at 11:06pm

jimmycurry01 said: "ChildofEarth said: "SmokeyLady said: "He is very funny and very sexy. He might possibly be the hottest Horace ever. I have always had a thing for him and I usually only like women."

"

I'm confused as to how this is even slightly strange, let alone so strange. He seems like a perfect fit to me,being in his very late 60s he is the right age, he can sing quire well, and he is quite funny. Horace is a bit of a curmudgeon, but there is nothing saying he has to be an ugly fellow.
"

It's strange because we are both mostly lesbians. (I'm assuming, SmokeyLady, so forgive me if I'm wrong!)

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#36Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/8/17 at 12:38am

It is very smart casting. Garber as an actor is very good a reacting to the zaniness around him.

JennH
#37Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/8/17 at 3:53pm

He certainly can, I just personally don't think it's his niche/wheelhouse. I've always been more impressed by his more dramatic performances. Now, is he the same KIND of funny as DHP? 1000% no. DHP is more Chaplin-esque, while Garber strikes me me as more dry humored, both of which I think is right for this role in their own ways. 

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#38Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/9/17 at 9:32am

JennH said: "He certainly can,I just personally don't think it's his niche/wheelhouse. I've always been more impressed by his more dramatic performances. Now, is he the same KIND of funny as DHP? 1000% no. DHP is more Chaplin-esque, while Garber strikes me me as more dry humored, both of which I think isright for this role in their own ways."

Chaplin-esque is a great way to describe DHP's Horace! He does so much with his eyes and mustache twitching. Because the character doesn't have a lot of range from the lines alone, it is wonderful to see what different actors bring to the role. David has grown so much from when I first saw him in previews, and is a great match for Bette and Donna. Tony Sheldon brought shades of warmth to Horace opposite Klea Blackhurst, and was also quite successful. Most other Horaces I've seen have been painfully one note. So, looking forward to Victor's take.

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#39Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/9/17 at 10:08am

Garber is a terrific choice for Horace, and he should be extremely funny. Yes, he and Peters are a great pairing.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#40Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/26/17 at 9:48pm

Nick Sacks was fascinated by Victor Garber replacing DHP on the Dear Evan Hansen Instagram account tonight. If you want to take a peek. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Speed
#41Can Victor Garber do funny?
Posted: 9/26/17 at 9:54pm

It's very much in his wheelhouse.

https://youtu.be/n5ZVlJ3QoRQ