pixeltracker

John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?- Page 2

John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?

smidge
#25John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 9/19/17 at 9:43am

This sounds like such a fun cast. I wish this was in NYC instead of that other thing.

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#26John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 9/19/17 at 9:48am

I think I'd rather see this than the current Broadway version, honestly

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#27John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 9/19/17 at 9:59am

Glad to see Richard Kind, Ingrid Michelson, and the main kid from Stranger Things are in! Loved Ingrid in Comet!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#28John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 9/19/17 at 10:44am

Casting John Stamos in a show usually means it's going to close, so maybe it's good he's just doing the concert. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#29John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 9/19/17 at 11:04am

Gypsy folk-punk band DeVotchKa appear to be providing the musical accompaniment for some of the songs; they've got an interesting musical theatre track record, having orchestrated a folk-punk SWEENEY TODD and recorded the overture to THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS for the tribute album.

I wouldn't mind hearing an original musical from them... or their take on FIDDLER.

JennH
#30John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 9/19/17 at 11:56am

RICHARD KIND THOUGH. I've been to REALLY love him lately. This actually sounds like fun, I wonder if it'll be just the movie material or the musical or a mix of both? 

Also speaking HB events, I didn't think they'd do "Nightmare" a third year in a row (though they probably could, there'll ALWAYS be people who'll want to see it), but then again hardly anything from the 2018 season is announced, but I read somewhere that last year was going to be Elfman's last time doing Jack live PERIOD?? If that's true, now I'm really sad, I've always wanted to see him doing this myself. 

dianamorales Profile Photo
dianamorales
#31John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 9/19/17 at 12:15pm

ok but Terrance Mann.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#32John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 9/19/17 at 1:14pm

Pretty sure Elfman's "retirement" from singing the role is official, given that he broken of his longtime vows and did a partial Oingo Boingo reunion to sing "Dead Man's Party" as the encore.

Public User Profile Photo
Public User
#33John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 9/19/17 at 2:24pm

As far as I'm concerned, he can be the next anything he wants

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#34John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 9/20/17 at 12:48pm

I wonder if he will be a future replacement for Broadway? They just released a new block of tickets through September, 2018 - so they have high hopes for the future of CATCF. 

suttonfan2 Profile Photo
suttonfan2
#35John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 10/3/17 at 1:59pm

Does anyone know if Christian will still be there at the end of Jan?

Alex Kulak2
#36John Stamos the next Willy Wonka?
Posted: 10/3/17 at 2:26pm

well, this is certainly a choice.

Videos