News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Help with Spring Trip

OlliesDad
#1Help with Spring Trip
Posted: 10/11/17 at 9:29am

Hey all, I’m trying to plan a spring NYC trip. I’d like to avoid the spring break tourists. Is the end of March/early April a good time to visit or would mid-late April be better? The shows I’m planning on seeing are: Angels in America, Mean Girls, Hello Dolly, OOTI, and Spongebob. Thanks in advance for the advice. 

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#2Help with Spring Trip
Posted: 10/11/17 at 9:42am

It all depends on if the shows you want to see have started previews or not. Definitely check the spring opening dates before booking. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

BwayinVan
#3Help with Spring Trip
Posted: 10/11/17 at 7:40pm

I go every spring and love going the last week of April. Shows have opened but the tony nominations haven’t come out yet so you can still get into most shows. That and the weather is usually pretty nice

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#4Help with Spring Trip
Posted: 10/11/17 at 7:57pm

There are ALWAYS tourists in New York.  Have a great trip. 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#5Help with Spring Trip
Posted: 10/11/17 at 8:03pm

Since Easter falls on April 1 next year, with Passover continuing throughout the following week, I would avoid the end of March/early April. NYC students, for example, are out from 3/30-4/8. I'm sure other school systems have also chosen to do this, combining Easter weekend with spring recess, which would likely make the end of April a better choice for you.

Videos