News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BwayinVan

Member Name: BwayinVan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HELL'S KITCHEN Reviews  May 5 2024, 12:56:52 AM

Saw the show tonight and the full cast were in. The show was fantastic. A great way to end my annual week of theatre in NY. Maleah was wonderful and is definitely a star in the making. She was so sweet and genuine at the stage door and really took time with each person. Kind of surprised that she was taking photos and hugging people with the month she has ahead but she seemed to really be enjoying the love the was deservedly heading her way. 

Spring Trip Suggestions  May 4 2024, 05:25:40 PM

I saw both The Outsiders and Water for Elephants this week and would definitely pick The Outsiders out of the two. W4E is good for the circus stunts but I think overall The Outsiders is a better show with better music. 

Also if you are looking for another play I would definitely recommend Appropriate. A really strong cast across the board. 

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 2 2024, 10:21:11 PM

Was at the matinee today and enjoyed it much more that I thought I would. Is it a great show? No but it is a good time at the theatre. Yes Jeremy Jordan’s accent in it is a little weird but his voice sounds like butter so that made up for it. The dance numbers are great and the ensemble is working their butts off. It’s a spectacle  and because of that I think it will have a decent run for a while. Eva sounds really good but the standout for me was Sam Pauly. She had the sass

MOTHER PLAY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 2 2024, 10:09:29 PM

Caught the matinee yesterday and really enjoyed it. Honestly the standout for me was CKB. I enjoyed seeing Jim Parsons live but in some ways it felt like I was watching Sheldon Cooper  up on the stage. CKB controlled the stage like I felt she did in TKAM. Overall it was a great experience, and to see a legend like Jessica Lange on stage was something special. Was the script somewhat predictable? Yes. But I would definitely still recommend it. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  May 1 2024, 11:22:35 PM

Miss10036 said: "Yournomination day serotonin boost, brought to you by cast member Corey Mach's Instagram: video of the cast getting a ton of love and celebrating a bit during "It's a Hit!" https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6aEBRwOcdT/?igsh=c2xtNzFubzVtdjQ4"

I was at this performance and it was a pretty cool moment. You could see everyone on the stage was in the moment and appeared genuinely happy and appreciative of the love they were being given- which was well deserved. My first time being at a show on the day of Tony noms and a pretty cool experience. 

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Mar 30 2024, 12:49:42 AM

justherehanging said: "Have I missed it or are there any discounts yet for?

Great Gatsby
"

I haven’t seen one anywhere yet which is kind of surprising. I even signed up for their email list in the hopes they would send something out but nothing. Audience rewards had some tickets but they didn’t include the Thursday matinee which I thought was weird unless they are banking on school groups 🤷‍♀️

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Mar 9 2024, 01:59:21 PM

Still surprised that nothing has popped up for Gatsby yet. I feel like it’s one of the few new musicals that haven’t put a code out yet. 

2023-2024 Broadway Season  Mar 5 2024, 02:31:34 PM

So many shows this season and so little time. Really looking forward to my spring trip but trying to fill the last few spots. So far this is my line up:

Merrily

Mother Play

The Notebook

Hell’s Kitchen

The Outsiders

Water for Elephants

i should be able to get Gatsby on a Thursday matinee provided there is a discount code which leave me one spot. Thinking of Appropriate as I can get a cheap seat with AR points. Really it would

2024-2025 Touring Season  Mar 4 2024, 01:25:19 PM

curious which ones are Non-Eq

Luminaire2 said: "Vancouver is out (Calgary and Edmonton match this, except Edmonton is not getting SIX for obvious reasons).

Vancouver:

Come From Away - Sept 10-15, 2024

Book of Mormon - Nov 12-17, 2024

Beetlejuice - Jan 21-26, 2025 *

Tina - Mar 25-30, 2025 *

SIX - May 13-18, 2025 *

Riverdance - June 10-15, 2025

Lion King - Aug 20

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Feb 28 2024, 12:21:52 PM

Anything for An Enemy of the People?

2024-2025 Touring Season  Feb 26 2024, 11:40:40 AM

Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton are announcing their season next week

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Feb 17 2024, 02:32:34 PM

Anastasia_Beaverhausen said: "Still don't see any discounts for Heart of Rock & Roll and The Great Gatsby, but both have finally been added to Audience Rewards for those who want to redeem points."

really curious if Gatsby is going to have any discount codes. Their points redemptions on AR require way more point than The Outsiders and for rear mezzanine vs orchestra. Maybe they will wait to see how ticket sales go?

THE OUTSIDERS On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 6 2024, 04:27:23 PM

I’m pretty excited for this. Wonder if there will be any codes available?

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Feb 2 2024, 12:35:28 AM

Anything out there for The Outsiders or Gatsby?

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES musical limited Broadway engagement beginning in January  Dec 31 2023, 09:37:26 AM

This show is an interesting one for me. I saw it off Broadway and enjoyed it mainly because I finally saw BDJ and Kelli O’Hara. The songs weren’t really my cup of tea as they felt like sing song talking a lot of the time. I’m curious how this will do in a big Broadway house as it played so well in an intimate theatre. I think this show will do well given its leads and I think they will be a driving force in the marketing as they should. The story alone is a tough sell but at

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Dec 31 2023, 09:30:19 AM

Anybody have anything for Mother Play? Want to take my mother in May

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Dec 23 2023, 10:11:16 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "HOLIDAY on Telecharge for Water for Elephants."

awesome! Just scored an orchestra seat for $115 for my trip in May. Merry Christmas to me!

New Musical HELL'S KITCHEN, Based on the Life of Alicia Keys, to Premiere This Year  Dec 8 2023, 12:24:57 PM

These prices are high. Trying to decide between the last row of orchestra or front row of balcony. Any input appreciated 

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Dec 1 2023, 07:25:44 PM

Anything for Water for Elephants? I want to take my mom on our girls trip in the spring but so far the tickets seem real pricey

Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024  Dec 1 2023, 09:41:39 AM

Signed up for the presale and grabbed a ticket for Sept. prices were reasonable. I’m in row D of the stalls for about $145 Cdn (I know most of you have no idea how much that is lol but I paid more than that for my ticket to sit way further back at The Notebook this spring). 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You