pixeltracker

The Greatest Showman soundtrack - Page 2

The Greatest Showman soundtrack

Liza's Headband
#25Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/17/17 at 5:09pm

Have you actually compared the songs, or are you just being a smartass? They sound nothing alike. 

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#26Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/18/17 at 11:48pm

Zendaya and Zac Efron sound GREAT together! I'm pleasantly surprised. 

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Cryoutloud131
#27Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/18/17 at 11:54pm

Dave28282 said: "I don't like it. It sounds a bit cheap and repetitive. Instead of creating something original, it's like they have some sort of checklist of rules they use to make things appealing to the current youth. But uninspiring and cheap to me."

Isn't that P&P's sound tho? All the music they compose sounds like that Updated On: 11/18/17 at 11:54 PM

BwayLB
#28Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/19/17 at 1:56am

Elfuhbuh said: "Zendaya and Zac Efron sound GREAT together! I'm pleasantly surprised."

I'm surprised by their chemistry too. I wasn't all excited for this movie but now I am. For the music and Hugh and Zac returning to their musical roots. What's even more surprising is it took almost a decade since they shared the Oscar stage during the Musical is Back segment to pair them for a movie.

jo
#29Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/19/17 at 7:37am

Insightful interview with Pasek and Paul, by Deadline.com, re the rationale and development of the musical score for THE GREATEST SHOWMAN --

http://deadline.com/2017/11/the-greatest-showman-benj-pasek-justin-paul-oscars-interview-1202195785/

"It was the world of musical theater—book songs, story songs that carried the narrative, and told a story through the lyrics, and would be fed by those characters in that moment—balancing that with a musical sound that was influenced by contemporary music..."

Updated On: 11/19/17 at 07:37 AM

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#30Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/19/17 at 12:24pm

I find myself listening to Rewrite the Stars a lot.  Zac and Zendaya sounds incredible.  I love this lyric- "No one can say what we get to be".

The fact that they sing this song flying through the air sounds like it will be a special moment. (Not to take away from Andrea Martin (3 times) and Lucie Arnaz who were also singing on a trapeze in Pippin.)

Here are a couple of glimpses behind the scenes

Zac

Zendaya

BwayLB
#31Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/19/17 at 1:48pm

I saw Lucie Arnez in Pippin too

WestCoastActor/Director
#32Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/19/17 at 2:33pm

She's great . I got to talk to her afterwards. Surprisingly when I went to Provincetown in the summer of 2016 she was performing in the cabaret at my hotel and I got to see that show. Turns out she was staying right down the hall from me. Wonderful woman.

jo
#33Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/19/17 at 10:48pm

Found the lyrics of the energetic THE GREATEST SHOW, set to the soundtrack song --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0kdXGFJa2U

Some of the related visuals are found on the second trailer (USA edition) --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9QtXwC9vc

Updated On: 11/19/17 at 10:48 PM

BwayLB
#34Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/20/17 at 12:06am

^^ From seeing Pippin which was a colorful production, I really got to see how the legendary Lucielle Ball raised a wonderful lady. I didn't expect the sing along part in No Time At All which was a bit clever.

WestCoastActor/Director
#35Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/21/17 at 8:37pm

I just came across something different.  It is a dance tutorial for This is Me.  The choreographers show the steps and reference clips of the movie with Keala,  Zendaya and the cast.    I don't know if this has been released in the US since I only found it with foreign subtitles.   It seems there is another one with a different language as well.  .  So if anyone wants to learn the steps to the song- here you go.  Keala looks fierce!

Keala's dance

I don't recall ever seeing anything like this released before the movie- only on dvd extras etc. They are asking people to create their own versions and send them the video.  However, it might only be for those countries.

Updated On: 11/21/17 at 08:37 PM

jo
#36Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/21/17 at 10:25pm

I think that video, with the intro from Hugh/Keala/Michael Gracey, was released as part of the publicity campaign by FOX almost 2 weeks ago - not sure if that was meant only for that particular country as FOX seems to have put together an international marketing approach for this movie.  In some cases, they are quite unique to particular countries... but that dance tutorial has encouraged some fans to ask FOX to put up tutorials  for the other songs ( although how they will do it with REWRITE THE STARS would be difficult, given that the song is supposed to be sung by Zac and Zendaya while on the flying trapeze, according to educated guesses Greatest Showman soundtrack )

Updated On: 11/21/17 at 10:25 PM

WestCoastActor/Director
#37Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/21/17 at 10:45pm

I just noticed this update to the cast list:

Rebecca Ferguson as Jenny Lind

• Loren Allred provides Lind’s singing voice

I wondered who Loren Allred was  in the track listing.   I know that the role was developed for Anne Hathaway.   Since they cast the rest of the roles with singers I wonder why they didn't cast a Broadway singer as Jenny Lind.  Or if they went in afterwards and dubbed Rebecca's vocals.   Interesting.

jo
#38Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/23/17 at 3:49pm

Pasek and Paul are interviewed on the challenge of writing a musical score for a movie like THE GREATEST SHOWMAN.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/greatest-showman-music-benj-pasek-justin-paul-talk-creating-songs-pt-barnum-biopic-1060507?utm_source=twitter

jo
#39Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/28/17 at 10:15pm

Showstopper performance of THIS IS ME by Keala, with Justin and Benz as support singers.  This was at the LA press presentation of THE GREATEST SHOWMAN, with intro from Hugh Jackman...and Pasek & Paul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udR3TAu18ao

WestCoastActor/Director
#40Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/29/17 at 12:45am

A very cool thing, even though Keala doesn't get billing The Greatest Showman is promoting her in their For Your Consideration Ads with the other leads.  Now that would be thrilling if she got a nomination.

jo
#41Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/29/17 at 2:06am

This is the only one I have seen,  a disc of THIS IS ME sent out for award consideration.

https://twitter.com/Majiesto/status/935632640102854656

Have you seen others, West Coast Actor/Director?  I thought they would not be sent out before the world premiere ( supposedly scheduled on the QueenMary2 on March 8 in NYC). Presumably this one was sent out early because the song has already been released with two others from the soundtrack.

WestCoastActor/Director
#42Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 11/29/17 at 2:29am

I have not seen that yet. I guess a lot of stuff is going to be released with voting time coming up. Certainly the Golden Globes will have a lot of options for them with the additional musical/comedy category. I can only imagine that it's to be more more heavily promoted as time goes on. They keep releasing a lot of little snippet clips on Instagram. There were two today clued in one with Hugh and Zac Efron working on choreography.

jo
#43Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 12/7/17 at 12:22pm

Apple/iTunes has released a PREVIEW ( samplers) of each of the songs from the soundtrack album.

https://itunes.apple.com/ph/album/the-greatest-showman-original-motion-picture-soundtrack/1299856714?ign-mpt=uo%3D2%26amp%3Buo%3D4

The soundtrack album will be released on Friday, December 8, 2017.

The date coincides with the world premiere of the movie on board the QueenMary2 on dock in Brooklyn!

Updated On: 12/7/17 at 12:22 PM

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#44Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 12/7/17 at 2:37pm

Everyone sounds fantastic. It seems they went with the right choice to dub Ferguson.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

sng
#45Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 12/8/17 at 12:59am

Just listened to the whole soundtrack and meh i dont’t like the score that much. They released the best 3 songs first imo. Michelle Williams voice sounds better here than in cabaret. I dont think Hugh Jackman’s voice goes well with this type of pop rock music.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#46Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 12/8/17 at 1:49am

Just listened to the entire recording. Not bad. Kind of anthemish, . Not sure I am crazy about Jackman's voice with this style of music. But at times it is a nice contrast. Maybe after seeing the movie I will enjoy it more. I do like COME ALIVE.

Just give the world Love.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#47Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 12/8/17 at 6:08am

Just finished listening. The songs are bland and overproduced. Very disappointing.

I think (hope) I'll enjoy the songs more when I see them in the movie.

....but the world goes 'round

jo
#48Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 12/8/17 at 10:42am

Full soundtrack --

https://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay/VIDEO-Full-Soundtrack-to-THE-GREATEST-SHOWMAN-Released-20171208

Looking forward to seeing the production numbers related to these songs and of course to the entire movie itself !

Updated On: 12/8/17 at 10:42 AM

pdjennings Profile Photo
pdjennings
#49Greatest Showman soundtrack
Posted: 12/10/17 at 1:59pm

Attended a press screening of the film this morning ... IT. IS. AMAZING.  It's puzzling that Fox isn't pushing this for awards consideration ... because it's breathtaking. By the end of the first real number (A Million Dreams) ... we were already bawling. Never really stopped.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if they make this into a stage show in the future.