pixeltracker

New York City, I Just Don't Know How To Quit You!- Page 2

New York City, I Just Don't Know How To Quit You!

Phantom4ever
#25New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 2:27pm

I would love to see Donna play Mama!  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#26New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 3:47pm

Sounds like you know how to quit NYC... Chicago on the other hand.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#27New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/19/17 at 6:45pm

She was awesome as Mama! Tonite is my last show of my trip. Afterwards, I will head out to Marie's. I was too tired last night to go.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#28New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/20/17 at 7:42pm

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157446583@N04/shares/K52G0h   I had the fabulous time at Chicago.  Charlotte D'Amboise and Leigh Zimmerman were on fire.  I noticed that Charlotte added her own individual touches to Roxie.  Leigh was just amazing as Velma Kelly.  P.S.  I couldn't figure out how to show the pictures one by one, since Photobucket now charges for that.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 11/21/17 at 07:42 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#29New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/20/17 at 7:49pm

Glad you enjoyed yourself!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#30New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/20/17 at 8:09pm

I should have secured a taxi to take me straight to my hotel.  Instead, I took Super Shuttle.  I had to rush from my hotel to find Second Stage (Torch Song) and got lost a couple of times.  The area was new to me.  I barely made it to the 2 p.m. start time.  I really liked Torch Song.  It was biting, touching and enjoyable.  I think Mercedes really livened up the play, after the intermission.  There was an insert in the Playbill about sharing selfies (including an example of the stage lettering).  There was a mention about not taking photographs in the theatre.  So, it seemed conflicting.  Oh wait...there's more.  I saw something that I've never seen in a theatre.  We all know how audience members like to take pictures  here and there, before the show starts.  But, I've never seen a theatre usher taking pics.  I thought that looked odd.   On Sunday night, I went to Marie's Crisis.  It was a blast.  When I got there, the pianist was playing tunes from "Gypsy."  Everyone, it seems, was singing from the lyrics on their smart phone.  I requested "Class" from Chicago. The pianist then played selections from Chicago.  I loved it.  

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#31New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 4:53am

Do you like Donna now? From what I’ve been shown you weren’t a fan. Donna’s amazing.

I’m happy you had a good time at my show. Watching Charlotte dance is honestly so amazing. I’m happy you got to see her.

You need to see Donna as Velma. Honestly perfection.

It sucks you didn’t r wait w week. I think Jason is on as Billy before Hall.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#32New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 8:37am

Oh good grief, what are you on this morning, JBradshaw?  I don't know WHAT you've been shown, but you are way off.  The things you say seem to come out of thin air and try to pass it off as "truth" reminds me of the current occupant in the White House.  I have never criticized DMA in any way. I have commented on one particular person from time to time, but not really anymore.  She is spoken highly by one show acquaintance, so i don't really say much about her anymore.  I don't criticize the show, because I don't need to.  I was glad to see DMA as Mama (twice in one day).  She was fantastic.  I did speak to Jason at the stage door.  We spoke  briefly.  I did mention that perhaps he'd be on as Billy, before T. Hall started his run.  He said that he didn't know.  Perhaps the powers that be will let both Jason Patrick Sands and Brian O Brien perform as Billy.  I had a wonderful time touring the backstage with Ryan.  I spoke briefly with Miss Charlottle D'Amboise, Robyn Hurder (the lovely Mae West look-alike), Donna Marie Asbury and Leigh Zimmerman.  They're such wonderful people who do such beautiful work in  MY favorite show.  

Updated On: 11/21/17 at 08:37 AM

smidge
#33New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 12:43pm

Meow, I think we found our next Velma and Roxie !

Patti LuPone FANatic
#34New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 1:01pm

Who?  If you are talking about JB, I'd rather watch a 24 hour Adam Sandler movie marathon .  It strikes me as highly tacky for him to criticize one of the leads in a show he works on.  Smidge, what shows have you seen recently?

smidge
#35New York City, I Just Can't Quit You!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 2:10pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Who? If you are talking about JB, I'd rather watcha 24 hour Adam Sandler movie marathon . It strikes me as highly tacky for him to criticize one of the leads in a show he works on. Smidge, what shows have you seen recently?"

Lol, just giving you a hard time. Also saw Torch Song, along with Band’s Visit and Brigadoon. Would like to revisit Chicago someday as the Ambassador is the only Broadway theater I have never been to. Sorry I missed Jennifer Nettles when she was in it.