pixeltracker

Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?- Page 2

Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?

ajh
#25Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
Posted: 2/4/18 at 7:34pm

Shared a table with her and her husband at Karen Mason’s cabaret show in London a few years ago. Didn’t know who she was although thought there was something oddly familar about her. She was very friendly and  we got chatting: at the end she asked what I thought of Karen and I said she was terrific and that if I’d had that performance of Norma Desmond (KM had just slayed two of the big Sunset numbers) instead of Close or Buckley I would have been pretty happy.

Terri then said words to the effect of ‘that is lovely to hear. Being the standby is hard. I went through it myself on a big Broadway show years ago.’ Then the penny dropped and I am sorry to say I did the big fangirly “Oh my GOD! You’re TERRI KLAUSNER!!” She seemed to find that pretty funny ....her husband thought it was hilarious. Such nice people. Wish I’d asked her to dish on Patti, although she seemed far too classy and genuinely likeable to go down that route.

Have since found a number of her performances online and I have to say I think she is sensational. Maybe she just didn’t have enough of the diva attitude to cut it as a full on Broadway star. I certainly think she had the talent. A genuine triple threat. Would love to see her in something.

Morales2 Profile Photo
Morales2
#26Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
Posted: 2/5/18 at 9:38am

imeldasturn said: "Here there is an audio clip of Terri singing Rainbow High

http://through-my-memoirs.tumblr.com/post/145218652178/terri-klausner-patti-lupones-alternate-sings
"

Thank you so much for the audio.  She was fantastic.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#27Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
Posted: 2/5/18 at 9:59am

Thank for the clip imeldasturn, and for that hilarious story ajh :)

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Balthazar Chasen
#28Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
Posted: 2/5/18 at 2:42pm

The day I registered for my freshman colleges classes I flew to NYC & saw Gregory Hines in Sophisticated Ladies. It was life changing.. Terri simply blew me away. I bought the album & played it over & over. Eventually, a friend did Bed & Sofa with her. I've played YouTube clips of Terri in Sophisticated Ladies (most especially Hit Me With a Hot Note & her Mood Indigo/I've Got It Bad duet with the late, great Phyllis Hyman). Glad to see this message board topic today.

Stephanie Albert
#29Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
Posted: 4/4/18 at 5:59pm

Regularly she teaches musical theater and voice in a studio not far from NYC. Plus she has done concerts and readings as well.

BBBW
#30Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
Posted: 11/16/18 at 6:12pm

imeldasturn said: "Here there is an audio clip of Terri singing Rainbow High

http://through-my-memoirs.tumblr.com/post/145218652178/terri-klausner-patti-lupones-alternate-sings
"

I just texted this to Terri and surprisingly she had never heard it before.. She said "Holy moley!!! Rainbow Higheeeee! It got a bit more refined as time went on...I loved singing that..."

She is a LOVELY woman... Not a diva bone in her body. She's a mom and teaches musical theater at a local studio. She's the most nurturing, generous and sweet soul you'd ever hope to meet.

Although, she has some wonderful stories about Evita and Sophisticated Ladies... 

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#31Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
Posted: 11/16/18 at 8:31pm

Yeah, re Klausner as "diva". In addition, to my second-hand connection to EVITA casting, I also had a close friend in SOPHISTICATED LADIES. I never heard anyone say an unkind word about working with Miss K.

(FWIW, I saw her go on as Eva several times and loved her in the part.)

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#32Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
Posted: 11/17/18 at 1:38am

Now THERE'S a Fanny Brice.

Chris C3
#33Any info on Terri Klausner, the original Evita alternate?
Posted: 6/15/21 at 10:57pm

I also attended college with Terri Klausner in the Theater Dept at Catholic in D.C. I can also attest that Terri was LOVED by everyone at the School, and was just a pleasure to be around. She was just a real sweetheart! A Diva? Ha, thats just absurd! Not Terri. No way.

From her first day as a Freshman, you knew Terri could sing and dance up a storm! The role of Evita fits her to a tee, and being small in stature, just like the real Evita, sure made it even more realistic on stage.

My understanding was Terri eventually left Catholic, headed west singing in a rock Band, and eventually won the part in Los Angeles where Evita first previewed in the USA before heading to Broadway.