London Rush/Lottery

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#1London Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/26/18 at 5:25pm

Hi all! I posted this in the West End Message Board, but I feel like that board doesn't get much viewership. 

I'll be heading to London at the end of march and had a couple questions. I've been keeping my eye on the Today Tix app and noticed they have many rush ticket options. What's the likelihood of me actually getting these rush tickets? I suppose it depends on the popularity? As of now, the ones I'd be interested in are The Ferryman, Julius Caesar, Girl From The North Country, and Mary Stuart. 

Also, are there any other options for cheap tickets? For example, many theaters in NYC do an in-person rush the day of the show when the box office opens. Is this a thing in London? Thanks all!

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#2London Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/26/18 at 5:28pm

In person rush (in my experience) is better and easier than it is in NY.

This is the best source I've found for London day seats:

http://www.theatremonkey.com/dayseatfinder.htm

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#3London Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/26/18 at 5:30pm

The day-seat link posted above is very helpful, but here's another tip: 

Often the day-seats are not the best price. Unlike NYC, London theatres often have extremely cheap tickets sold just through the main websites. Often they are limited view and/or very far away, but it's a very generous discount for the not-so-bad views. Day-seats are usually better seats, but if you want the plan ahead of time and pay less, I'd just check to see what they are already selling. 

Updated On: 2/26/18 at 05:30 PM

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#4London Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/26/18 at 5:52pm

For those you have listed:

Julius Caesar and Mary Stuart you should be able to get easily through Todaytix. I've seen rush on there for those shows in the afternoon. 

The Ferryman does £12 dayseats at the box office, also watch out for tickets on delfont mackintosh website as dynamic pricing sometimes kicks in. I got mine through Todaytix when it was quite new in town and managed quite easily. Not sure about Girl from north country but again Todaytix should be fine.

A glaring absentee from your list: Everybody's talking about Jamie - Don't miss it, such a wonderful show.

CurtainUp4
#5London Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/26/18 at 8:44pm

I'm not sure about rush tickets, but regarding options for cheap tickets in London, there is a TKTS ticket booth in Leicester Square.  Although they sell discounted tickets a few days in advance, from what I understand the deepest discounts are for same-day tickets.  https://officiallondontheatre.com/tkts/

Also, "Cursed Child" has the "Friday Forty" where on Fridays at 1pm London time, 40 tickets are released for the following week at 40 pounds for both parts through their website.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#6London Rush/Lottery
Posted: 2/27/18 at 12:04pm

Everybody's Talking About Jamie is absolutely on my list--but it looks like they do a lottery on todaytix rather than rush. I'll definitely be entering it, but I'm gravitating towards shows that I'd be easily able to get tickets too. If something falls through, I'll probably just splurge and buy a ticket for it because I've heard nothing but great things! 

Thanks for the feedback, folks! Always appreciate the advice people give on this board.

Videos